Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Jeans

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Very cool. I like their denim examples; nice stuff. I sent them an email and asked about cloning services. I'll post if I hear back from them. Thanks, seabass!! Out of curiosity, is there a denim thread on the 'Lounge?

If anyone else has any recommendations, please let me know!

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
It's not hard to find a good fit, but it's hard to find a style that's consistent. I bought a pair of bootcut jeans from Banana Republic in 2007 that fit perfectly in all the right places, with a flared leg opening that really looked fantastic.

Since then, I've bought 4 more pairs, and each successive pair gets narrower and narrower in the leg opening. Maybe they're saving money by shaving off materials and charging the same price. With more vintage looking denims available, it might be cool to clone my favorite pair and create a one of a kind pair of jeans.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I looked at the 517's, but I haven't tried them on yet. I'll have to measure the leg opening of my favorite ones and do a separate search for something related to that. We'll see.

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
This fellow makes nice looking jeans and does custom work.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/121257731/hoosier-built-selvedge-denim-jeans

Currently working on having a custom pair of dungarees made similar to Lee 1930s dungarees.

The custom example is the same as his standard, $160 which is reasonable. He's not started and haven't seen the end result but courteous so far. But taking the leap.

I have no connection with him, merely sharing the info- we need more custom suppliers! Will supply images when they arrive.

Clint

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran