Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DATE My IKE

DamianM

Vendor
Beautiful Wide Lapels unlike the others Ive seen with wide collars and slim Lapels

I was thinking early 40s

scaled.php

The Label
scaled.php

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I thought Ike jackets were post war - 1950's. That one there could also be 1970's. Hard to tell without handling an item.

DamianM

Vendor
I thought Ike jackets were post war - 1950's. That one there could also be 1970's. Hard to tell without handling an item.

completely doubt 1970s--This is early
Made of fine mid weight corduroy, rayon binding, Cropped high waist, very well structured forming a V shape, buttons are early plastic.
I was wondering if anyones seen another one like this

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I wonder if just like some of the original Ike jackets, this is just a cut down suit coat. Corduroy, sure screams 70s!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I wonder if just like some of the original Ike jackets, this is just a cut down suit coat. Corduroy, sure screams 70s!

I remember the 1970's. This kind of short tailored jacket, often part of a suit was popular. But the 1970's often took their visual style from earlier decades.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Just from the label I doubt 70s. I'd guess post war. The Ike jacket was originally an Aussie uniform. American officers, such as Ike, saw them and had them made. I'm not sure when they became regulation. Anybody know? But of course this is NOT military. To me, it screams late 40s, especially that nice plaid lining.

DamianM

Vendor
Thanks for everyone's response and I agree with dhermann. This is probably late 40s civilian jacket. I thought maybe earlier judging by the wide lapels, amazing plaid lining, and early rayon. This was a good score for me, Fits me just right.

Corduroy was used often and well in jackets way before the 1970s. I have two other Hollywood/Leisure jackets from the 1940s made of corduroy and I am planing to get some 40s wide collar shirts in corduroy to where in place of my gabardine ones.
Corduroy can take the normal wear and tear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff