Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating adventurebilts by liner

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Picked this up for stoopid cheap on an early am BIN this morning.

ab1.jpg

Rabbit not beaver, but so what?
It has a lining w/ the "Staff of Ra headpiece" in gold on white satin, as seen below.

ABliner2.jpg

It is my impression that this liner marks it as an early AB, yet the seller makes noise that it hasn't ever been outside, with only a few hours' wear. I'll ask him, maybe it's been in a box in a closet for ten years?

Does anyone know the progression of logos/liners from AB? Is this even a reliable way to date an AB? [huh]

Brando11

A-List Customer
Nice catch on that one! I thought about it more than once, but it was just too small for me-

Good one-

-Brando

djd

Practically Family
I have one with this liner made last year. I think Steve uses liners more or less at random depending on what comes to hand!

Steve usually dates and signs them inside the sweatband

Kt Templar

One of the Regulars
This one is possibly from the run of 100 or so rabbits he did.

He was making them around the time that his involvement in Crystal Skull came to light so around 2006-2007.

You got a really good deal.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
djd is right. Steve still has a few of these liners around, so the hat could virtually new. I'm not positive, but he might be using these up on his "loyal repeat customers." The only "dating by liner" possibility is if you have one of the newer liners.

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
The trick will be to look at the inside of the sweat when you receive the hat. Steve signs and dates all of the hats that he produces. I don't think that he is using the old Staff of Ra liners anymore (something to do with copyright questions when he began working on Crystal Skull)...

Cheers,

RC

bendingoak

Vendor
The sweatband is giving away when this hat was made more than the liner. He changed over to the darker sweatband just before indy4 was being made. The liner is his old liner but he is still using them up from time to time. I agree if you unfold the sweatband he dates his hats like I do ( or I should say I date them like he does). I think this hat is no more than three years old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran