Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DC-3 FLY IN!!!! - PICS

MDFrench

A-List Customer
So it's magic hour in Peachtree City, around 7:30 p.m. at the Dixie Wing Commemorative Air Force 1940s Hangar Swing Dance. Kathleen and I take a break from the dance to stroll amongst the vintage aircraft there. Rain earlier in the day prevented any flight displays or fly-ins by the planned P-51 Mustang. A shame, but the reenactment was excellent.

So, Kathleen is looking splendid in her authentic/vintage 1940s sun dress and I am strolling in my RAF Battledress uniform. The sun is just behind the horizon and the sky is a warm red hue. Suddenly, at the edge of the airfield the thrumming of radial engines heralds the late and unexpected arrival of an honest-to-God DC-3! Kathleen and I are already halfway there as everyone else scrambles out of the hangar to see.

The beautiful plane lands with that unmistakable chirp of the tires and comes taxiing over to the CAF hangar, the prop wash forcing me to hold my cap on as it comes to a stop. This was a PRE-war 1938 DC-3! Here's Kathleen, the loveliest woman at the dance, with the ol' Gooney Bird.

IMG_1947-600x450.jpg

IMG_1946-600x450.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn