Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deadwood's Seth Bullock Western/Imperial style tash/beard....could I pull it off ?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Thank you!
My wife laughs at the number of times people use the word "dapper" when referring to me.

It is comical how many people call me dapper. I guess they don't quite have a normal word for us.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Don't shave it. Your my new facial hair hero. I usually have a beard but mine doesn't grow in as fully on the sides. I'm always jealous of a full beard.

The kind of guys I work with that have a beard like yours are usually in harms way in the desert.

Yeah, no kidding. I'm a guy that grows facial hair slowly, and patchy. I think the full beard is actually cool, and does work well with hats, based on photos. I don't see why you can't wear smarter clothes with one either. It's a unique look, and probably one that many men would be self-conscious of, but you seem like you're used to it. Heck, I even thought Joaquin Phoenix's latest beard he had going on was cool...

Last edited:

ukali1066

Practically Family
Here's a quick photoshop image to show how it would look....technology is so handy ;)

Had to crop it tight...I ran out of skin to play with

f-1.jpg

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Yeah, that'd work a treat! For what it's worth, I find that it's best, aesthetically, to keep the sideburns no longer than level with the top of your 'tache, as you've Photoshopped. Real big mutton chops just add width to the head, undermining the impact of the 'tache/soul patch...

Here's me and the missus being the first peeps to get spliced inside Sun Studios, think this 'trim' is a bit smaller than you've got in mind, but it was prolly one of the neatest/most pleasing facial topiary-taming sessions I've ever had, even with a rotten hangover!

17951_436353450470_725635470_10670144_5812741_n.jpg

Last edited:

Aviator

Familiar Face
I echo other's sentiments - go for it. It will always grow back, and would be a cool change for you (it is always cool seeing your face in the mirror and seeing a radical change, until you grow used to it).

Heck, you could have shaved it in the same time it took you to Photoshop that pic. ;)

Harry Gooch

One of the Regulars
Go for it.

I did "movember", but couldn't get up the courage to add the soul patch.

I may do it in the spring, though. Let us know when you make the plunge (or not.)

Harry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner