Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dealing with "Buyers Remorse"

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the love Folks. I was just doing a lot of "forehead slappage" as I rummaged through the closet. Not really upset or depressed just amazed at how I thought that this or that would look good or feel right on me when it's so obviously WRONG!!! Rocketeer your story about the RAF suit really made me smile... Sigh... Just needed a collective shoulder to lean on... thanks all!!!

Worf

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I've spent a fortune on motorcycles, jeeps, horses, hats, boots, jackets, firearms, knives, & good whiskey. The rest I wasted....

:arated: Point well taken! Except in my case add German Shepherd Dogs, mostly from from W Germany, and subtract horses. :D

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Went through a similar period in the early 2000s buying stuff from eBay, mostly sportcoats/blazers/suits. Since then I've gotten rid of about 80% of the stuff I got. But I did learn a lot and now I am 100% bespoke for suits, working with a tailor I trust. When you know what you want re: fabric, gorge height, pocket flap shapes, lapel width, etc., it's hard to look at something RTW and fall in love with it. With bespoke, you get exactly what you want. It's a totally different kind of excitement and satisfaction. I think Plumbline's recent posts capture that experience quite well.

wild_balls

Practically Family
Come on Worf, you are at least one of the guys here that has nailed a perfect fit and character with your jackets!
And as I have said before, you are a wizard with words that made me laugh out loud more than once!
Keep the spirit!

Cheers Joakim

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Come on Worf, you are at least one of the guys here that has nailed a perfect fit and character with your jackets!
And as I have said before, you are a wizard with words that made me laugh out loud more than once!
Keep the spirit!

Cheers Joakim

Thank Joakin.... I appreciate the love!!!! Must be the "lord knows I've had enough of this winter" blues.

Worf

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the love Folks. I was just doing a lot of "forehead slappage" as I rummaged through the closet. Not really upset or depressed just amazed at how I thought that this or that would look good or feel right on me when it's so obviously WRONG!!! Rocketeer your story about the RAF suit really made me smile... Sigh... Just needed a collective shoulder to lean on... thanks all!!!

Worf

Hi Worf, well thats what were here for, cheer you up if you are down or laugh along with you.
Only had my Power Ranger suit to ride my 'Busa' a couple of years and I dont really want to spend another £600+ so its going to be 'Keep away from the bacon sandwiches' for me

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Worf, if you need to cheer yourself up just remember my first Irvin experience as related on here last year. I didn't know what i was doing & got someone that didn't know what they were doing to make me an 'Irvin' many months later, with my old G1 as a deposit & much cash on eventual delivery and I was the proud owner of something that made me look like...Douglas Bader? ...nope!.....I looked like....wait for it..........A CAVEMAN :D

robrinay

One Too Many
Worf -
A few words of wisdom and encouragement from my father - when he was alive and raising me-
'The man who makes no mistakes makes nothing - just make sure you learn from them.'
And
'The day you stop learning is the day you die.'

As Benny implies, you've clearly learned from your mistakes and and isn't it good to be alive and enjoying the best jackets in your wardrobe?

I took three of my mistake jackets to a charity shop this afternoon and a guy saw me walking in with them and followed loved them and started negotiating to buy them from the manager- as Plumbline says your mistakes will be someones treasure.
Cheers
Rob

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I absolutely love your: Mea Culpa.

[video=youtube;C-GFqhCq2HA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-GFqhCq2HA[/video]

Stand By

One Too Many
There are some truly excellent and commendable words of sagely advice on this thread, from all quarters. Really excellent. And t'is true, Worf; as my dad says, "You pay to learn" and you have to shell out to appreciate that adage. I mean, otherwise, how else can one possibly appreciate the notion of "Buy better, buy less" ? You have to pay to learn that. And you have as we all have - so say we all!

Last edited:

pauleway

Practically Family
Plumbline; The ultimate jacket is out there ... hope we all find it some day. In the meantime happy hunting.[/QUOTE said:
The ultimate jacket IS out there, and I have 3 of them! Just took a lot of time and $$$ to get them. I call it "the price of doing business"!:p:eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff