Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dear Fedora Lounge,

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
No, *dated style* is what you say about a bathroom that was last refurbished in 1979.

Our Beauty forum is any aspiring pin-up girl's first stop for knowledge! I defy you to find a better online source for vintage hair!
Pins....I am horribly afraid of needles!

thecardigankid

One of the Regulars
Can someone please tell me what time the bus comes?

From 7am til 7pm weekdays the bus arrives every half hour from 7pm til 7am on the weekdays it's every hour on the hour. On the weekends the bus comes every hour and a half. And on those especially stressful holidays it's every twenty minutes.

Remember bus fare is a nickel and you never have to worry about germs because were the cleanest transit service in town. If the bus driver doesn't smile or is rude be sure to report him so that he may be sent to a relocation facility for "tolerance and optimism training".

Happy Dale Bus Line...We'll get you where you need to be, even when you don't want to go! On time, every time!

Kabel

Familiar Face
I would also advise people not to bite (though it's a bit late). This is obviously a troll-action. With a name like FPkawaii (kawaii meaning cute/lovable in Japanese and being used by most none-japanese speaking anime extremists, whome are also very familiar with trolling) it's not hard to spot this action. Also taking into account the fact that this person starts off on a negative basis about the subject that is widely discussed here. It's very very obvious. I would say just lock this thread and be done with it.

*edit* Also I don't know if this is planned or not, but usually when stuff like this is planned they take screenshots of the "havoc" they've created and post it on something like 4chan /b/ or reddit, or something like that.
Being a forum where vintage clothing is discussed, shown and whatnot it makes you '''different''' and a target for trolls.

Last edited:

flyfishark

Practically Family
I'm sure that I've been on this earth longer than many of you, but what is "troll bait?" I thought a troll was a guy that lived under a bridge somewhere. Am I so far out of it that EVERYONE else knows what a troll is but me??

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I'm sure that I've been on this earth longer than many of you, but what is "troll bait?" I thought a troll was a guy that lived under a bridge somewhere. Am I so far out of it that EVERYONE else knows what a troll is but me??

Kabel described it pretty well. A troll is someone who drops in to start trouble by deliberately posting something that unnecessarily gets people annoyed. It is well calculated, and someone almost always takes the bait, and then others run with it. If nobody does take the bait, then arguments don't occur, the thread just fizzles out and dies, or continues in a more positive direction. But if it gets heated, it is pointless and should be locked lest arguments continue.

We seem to have a couple of them around here lately.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Kabel described it pretty well. A troll is someone who drops in to start trouble by deliberately posting something that unnecessarily gets people annoyed. It is well calculated, and someone almost always takes the bait, and then others run with it. If nobody does take the bait, then arguments don't occur, the thread just fizzles out and dies, or continues in a more positive direction. But if it gets heated, it is pointless and should be locked lest arguments continue.

We seem to have a couple of them around here lately.

Hummm....could we use some spray to get rid of them?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Being a forum where vintage clothing is discussed, shown and whatnot it makes you '''different''' and a target for trolls.

That never made any sense to me. I wouldn't walk into a classic car convention and say "You're wasting your time, you should just buy a new car." Even if I did, I probably wouldn't add "but I admire your effort" to smooth it over. :confused:

rue

I would also advise people not to bite (though it's a bit late). This is obviously a troll-action. With a name like FPkawaii (kawaii meaning cute/lovable in Japanese and being used by most none-japanese speaking anime extremists, whome are also very familiar with trolling) it's not hard to spot this action. Also taking into account the fact that this person starts off on a negative basis about the subject that is widely discussed here. It's very very obvious. I would say just lock this thread and be done with it.

*edit* Also I don't know if this is planned or not, but usually when stuff like this is planned they take screenshots of the "havoc" they've created and post it on something like 4chan /b/ or reddit, or something like that.

They take screen shots? Wait, let me get my lippy on :p

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
<< Originally Posted by Kabel

That never made any sense to me. I wouldn't walk into a classic car convention and say "You're wasting your time, you should just buy a new car." Even if I did, I probably wouldn't add "but I admire your effort" to smooth it over. >>

Trolls have shown up on every forum/bbs/blog/discussion board I've ever been on (since ~1996), whether it be automotive, motorcycle, political, or any other entertainment/lifestyle topic. Trolls are like mosquitos. They inject a little irritant and cause enough scratching that can inflame the surrounding area. As with mosquito bites, trolls can be ignored and then cause no side effects.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
That never made any sense to me. I wouldn't walk into a classic car convention and say "You're wasting your time, you should just buy a new car." Even if I did, I probably wouldn't add "but I admire your effort" to smooth it over. :confused:
If I was smashed on some really good moonshine, I could do something that stupid....but...alas....I drink none and seem very likely to refrain against anything that stupid.

Now, could I over boil some eggs on the stove? Oh yes.....!

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family

Don't worry, I recently had to be educated on the subject of trolling on another thread, and to be honest I still can't grasp why anyone would waste their finite time on this planet doing something so plain imbecilic. I suppose if you've not got two brain cells to rub together it's the kind of thing might make you guffaw a time or two...

It's CLASS. :D

:eusa_clap +1

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Trolls are like mosquitos. They inject a little irritant and cause enough scratching that can inflame the surrounding area. As with mosquito bites, trolls can be ignored and then cause no side effects.
Actually, mosquitoes are vectors for many infectious diseases most notably malaria.

Trolls are everywhere!

The strangest example of trollery I can think of happened back in 2003 when the invasion of Iraq was in the news. Someone in France came into the chat room I used to frequent, started making anti-American remarks and got into an argument with one of the other people in the room. Then here's the weird part: the same person IM'd me and started speaking to me in French. :confused: After running it through Babelfish I then realized that he called me an American a-hole and I wasn't even involved in the argument! Now if I was the sort of person to insult someone's country I would at least have the decency to do it in their language! lol

90173429-175x175-0-0_Russ+Berrie+My+Lucky+Troll+from+FRANCE.jpg
485576494a5f704f356d455150316a54773951-175x175-0-0.jpg
463537764b7a6c5a5275384862615367344577-175x175-0-0.jpg
5036344775725f50734d63444b354658746a51-175x175-0-0.jpg
90115842-175x175-0-0_Russ+Berrie+My+Lucky+Troll+from+MEXICO.jpg
5678654e3075316869734b2d7863384a374b67-175x175-0-0.jpg

Kabel

Familiar Face
<< Originally Posted by Kabel

That never made any sense to me. I wouldn't walk into a classic car convention and say "You're wasting your time, you should just buy a new car." Even if I did, I probably wouldn't add "but I admire your effort" to smooth it over. >>

Their usually just bored teens who want to pick on someone, so if you pick someone who is in their perception '''different''' it's perceived as cool in their community. They might even think the people on FL are stuck-up because of their fashion and era preference and choose to bully on that basis.

So it's like a bully, but anonymous. I think the song 'Macho insecurity' by the Dead Kenndys describes this type of behaviour best. Usually these kids are outcasts and bullied themselves and find power through the anonymity of the internet.

FPKawaii

New in Town
If I was trolling I would come in and say you all dress like a mentally retarded old people, not that you have great advice on suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen