Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Decorating for the Holidays

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
I would love to see how other Loungers are decorating for Christmas or any other hoildays you may celebrate! I looked for another thread like this and couldn't find one, so if I simply missed it, Bartenders, please move me.

Here is what my (former) house looked like last year...this is not the full scope of my vintage Christmas collection by any means-this is what I could fit into the house! ;) The tree is way too big for the space but it was free-and this native Oregonian girl is NOT about to turn down a free Grand Fir! My brother worked at a tree lot last year and got it for us.

S5000868.JPG

S5000869.JPG

S5000870.JPG

S5000881.JPG

S5000873.JPG

S5000882.JPG

S5000885.JPG

S5000886.JPG

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
PrettySquareGal said:
Your finds and the way you did it all is amazing!

Can I come over for Christmas???????? :D

Come on over! :) I don't live in that house anymore, sadly, but I always manage to make it festive wherever I am. I like "busy".

Ok, now I want to see other houses, dressed up for Christmas or other holidays. I love getting ideas and seeing what other folks have to play with!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Oh man! I am jealous! That looked beautiful!

I have my grandma's fake tree I put up every year and ornaments my mom collected for me since I was a baby. That's sort of vintage right? I can put pics up after I decorate it if that counts.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
I love seeing trees like that! Even though I have tons of vintage ornaments, my tree is almost always all the Hallmarks I have accumulated over time from family.
I bet yours looks really cute. ;)

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
I love your Christmas treasures! Especially your little houses. I have several packets of glass glitter that have been sitting around the house for years that were intended to make houses and ornaments but somehow it keeps getting put off.

I am not so lucky to have any vintage ornaments either (attrition) and I OD'd so badly on hallmark & radko ornaments a few years back, that I had to put myself on a strict ornament diet. But I saw a few recently that I don't think I can resist.

This year, I am such a slacker, I haven't even put out my tabletop feather tree yet. But I promise to add a picture once I do!

P.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I love those pictures!

I took out all the Christmas decorations on Sunday and it looks like Santa's workshop exploded all over my house. I'm about halfway done decorating--pictures when it's complete (hopefully tonight).

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Here's my little tree. My grandma had this in her house when I was a little girl. Don't know how long she had it.

l_8661d15a66edb7b4e15801dcd08a8094.jpg

Here's a close-up of some of my older ornaments.

l_6358795db791c9dbf6565f79ec6ee33b.jpg

The tree star's an oldie too.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I've posted this on another thread, but it also belongs here...

I set up some Christmas lights outside, and one of the things I do is put up an old kid's bicycle that is strung with Christmas lights. My neighbours would expect no less from this vintage bike lunatic. Here it is in today's snow:
100_0585.jpg

Here is another shot taken with the flash. You can see it's still snowing...
100_0584.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
My tree...

l_7a29f24cb7e8b678bb1df79293e401e8.jpg

Its simple..but easier to do that way...just the glass balls, which are a mix of old and new...the lights..and the tinsel strands...

and then I have other trees in other rooms...because I am just odd like that, and want it Christmassy in lots of rooms....so in the bedroom is :

l_c39dee3f8ab96d2233d384cff43982ac.jpg

$ally

One Too Many
My neighbor put her tree up before Thanksgiving, as do a lot of people who are having company. I wait until the first day of advent to start putting up decor, take down at epiphany.
When do you all begin?

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
We just put the tree up on Friday, but that's a little early for us. We don't take it down until the weekend after New Year's, or so. Here's a view of some of the decor this year:

christmas056.jpg

christmas020.jpg

christmas091.jpg

christmas089.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy