Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Decorating for the Holidays

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Here is last year's tree (a 1910 vintage feather tree):

By daylight:

cHRISTMASCARD2006013.jpg

and lit after dark:

Xmas064card.jpg

Please pardon the modern tree top. The cat destroyed our old one, and we hadn't time to find an appropriate replacement.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Look what I just bought!

Oh my gosh, I am so excited! You guys know I'm new to vintage so I'm rediscovering things from my childhood. I remember a neighbor in the schnazy new (60's-70's) development had a huge pink aluminum tree in the bay window of their home and thought they must be so rich, lol. I was just searching about Zeebay and watched an auction end at $81 for this exact 2 foot Evergleam Pom Pom (or is it a fountain?) tree. I got mine on Etsy for $45, all branches, original stand, sleeves and box.

Our house is being tortured...er we're being tortured, the house is being renovated...so there's no room for a big tree. This will be perfect on the nightstand in my bedroom since we can't put one downstairs. I just don't know what kind of light wheel to get for a 2 foot tree? [huh]

I feel like doing the Snoopy dance!

il_430xN.102529747.jpg

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
I've been reminded every day that "we" need a tree... I want one but, I have very specific ideas what would be acceptable for a farm house of the period the one we live in would have had.

Noble fur would be close but, something a little more sparse and droopy would work perfectly. It seems that most tree lots have reduced the variety of different pine they once carried. I recall my Grandfather always buying the type that goes by the name "silver tip" if my memory serves me right. It was very sparse, branches had much space between each one and they were strong! Perfect for hanging ornaments on.

I recently received a box of 40s Christmas tree lights and also a bag full of outdoor lights from the 50s or so... I'll string up some of those on the outside and then when I get a tree, we'll deck it out and then share photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy