Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Decorating for the Holidays

leaette

A-List Customer
nikki: i love your feathered tree and wreath. i see them in stores and i always have to pet them. maybe some day i'll buy one. hahah.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
leaette said:
nikki: i love your feathered tree and wreath. i see them in stores and i always have to pet them. maybe some day i'll buy one. hahah.

Thanks! The tree is just a white boa wrapped around a cone.
Nikki

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
Nikki, I love your trees and especially the cowboy theme. I want a Cowboy Carbine with my christmas money!! :)

But you'll shoot your eye out!;)

Thanks for the compliment on the mantle Nikki!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
Here is my 7 foot aluminium tree.

000_2229a_1.jpg

And my baby tree.

000_2223.jpg

I LOVE the pompom Aluminum trees, and that is a fantastic one! I have a vintage 5 foot one myself, not pompom but that's ok...it says in the directions to NOT use electric lights on the tree itself-to use a color wheel instead. Just be careful! ;)

Missy Pinky-those are 60s era angels. We have similar ones at the store!

dhermann1-those Czech ornies are WONDERFUL....and insanely hard to find in good shape. You are right to treasure them like you do!

Everyone's houses look so wonderful! I wish I could post pictures of our stuff this year but I hate this stupid rental house and we are just going to enjoy things ourselves this year. Silly, but I don't want you all to see this place! lol

ohairas-I love your themed trees! The pinky ones especially.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
Oh you're probably right, but I want one anyway.

Thank you RedHotRidinHood, we have a colour wheel for the big one, but the small tree is new so no trouble with the lights on that one. I have all these bubble lights and no where to put them :(

Oh, I LOVE bubblers....I have a late 40s era set that I put out when I can. They look really cool attached to the edge of a shelf, bubbling away! BTW, if you find any vintage ones that have purple tubes, they are very rare and hard to find. My father is extremely well-educated about vintage Christmas lighting and was very happy when I sent him a purple-tubed light a few years ago!

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
That's good to know about the purple. I'm a Bubblehead! I can't resist them. Mine are mostly repro ones. Here's our bubbling tree this year:
47b7cc01b3127cceb2116d5bb25100000025100JZOG7Zm1Yo

My mom just gave me a Santa to go with Frosty!
47b7cc01b3127cceb2117771334600000026100JZOG7Zm1Yo

I used to collect old light sets and anything else I could find here & there from the 30s-40s, but it seems like they have gotten so expensive. This is my favorite one:
47b7cc01b3127cceb2117769335e00000026100JZOG7Zm1Yo

I love all your trees ohairas, but especially the patriotic one. I was just reading Bill Sloan's book on Wake Island and was inspired, even though it's kind of last minute, to try to do a small WWII patriotic tree. Maybe there's still a Charlie Brown around on a lot somewhere that I could get!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Bubblies

I love the bubblies, too. I bought a modern string with 6 bubblers a few years ago, and they basically didn't bubble at all. Very disappointing. The bulb inside never quite got the liquid to the proper boiling point on 3 out of the 6.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
The bubblers are so cool. I'm really getting anxious to hit the yard sales this spring and maybe get lucky!
A WWII patriotic tree is a great idea!
Nikki

$ally

One Too Many
Such pretty displays, everyone!
I have more d?©cor than I could possibly put up. We didn't even do a tree this year. Here are a few items I'm sorting through, although we humbugs didn't decorate this year.
2127560432_d4a7365c58.jpg

2127560392_2fecf2caf5.jpg

2126784817_bd3360b7b0_m.jpg

2111259024_bf439562a1.jpg

2111946238_8d1bd17853_m.jpg

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
imoldfashioned said:
I can see why Decobelle--great graphics! I wish I could buy wrapping paper with that design on it.

So do I, imoldfashioned!

goldwyn girl, your aluminum trees reminded me that my great-grandparents, who also lived in Las Vegas, had one. I found this picture of it, which must be from the early 70s. Looks like it has lights strung on it - uh oh!
47b7cc03b3127cceb20fd88883b700000026100JZOG7Zm1Yo

Warden

One Too Many
lit-up-anderson.jpg

In case you are wondering the picture is of my Anderson air raid shelter, all lit up in the back garden for Christmas.

Not sure if this would met with the ARP's warden approval, but he did not have to put up with a 4 year old wanting their house to be turned into a winter wonderland.

Now a lit up Anderson air raid shelter is not the sort of thing you see every day, but it is Christmas and unusual things are common this time of year.

Harry

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
dhermann1 said:
I'm sitting here at the computer, faint with hunger. I have done naught but trim my tree all evening, and I ain't finished yet. But I'm 90% done. Here's Paloma wondering what this large object is doing in her living room:
Polomaandtree.jpg

More likely, Paloma is making a list (and checking it twice) of which baubles will be first to come down and become playthings. :D

Lee

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
MrNewportCustom, my clock is a Welby too. Here are the gals on the wall and some more decorations.

000_2297.jpg
000_2298.jpg

My mother was right, they are Japanese! I couldn't tell. I thought they were manger scene segments. :rolleyes:

I like that Christmas card tree, too! What a keen idea. A beautiful tin underneath it, too. :)

Does your clock work? I need to get mine repaired and derusted. I found it in a gutter. And that ain't no lie!

Thank you,
Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy