Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diamond Dave j-100 prototype

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
For sale, size 48. Basically unworn. I won this from Dave on eBay recently.its a great jacket, I'm only selling it to buy another of his creations. Like a lot of us here, I have too many jackets( impossible I know), I'm selling a few off, what doesn't sell, I will happily keep.process of elimination at work...I have attached his original description and pics.postage to US is about $80 usd. In Australia, $25aud will get it to you. Will ship anywhere on the planet. The jacket will cost you $375 usd plus post. That's about what I paid, I'm not trying to profiteer.
image.jpg it.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Buco J-100 "Waist Length"
c. 1950's

This is a "Test" jacket and is Made in the USA!!

This jacket is made of 3.25 oz, Steer-hide, of the Tombstone family, in both black as well as mid brown.

This is the first of our line of redesigned jackets, based on the venerable styles of Buco, Detroit. This jacket
has been changed from the standard riding length, to a new waist length version, and has the addition of
a deco style D-Pocket added to the front for a classic, yet modern style.

This jacket will have a Retail price of $1049.00 USD when introduced on our website, but here is a chance to own it now at a deep discount.

Lining: 100% Cotton Drill in "Roman Red"

Pocket Lining: Super Heavy Flannel Canvas

Zippers: Main zip is a #5, Nickel, Talon reproduction by Waldes Japan. Complete with correct 1950's slider and pull. Includes extremely heavy
100% Cotton tape, just like those that would have been used by the many of the garment makers of the day.
Also includes Bell pull Talon reproduction by Waldes to each sleeve and chain pull Talon copy to the D-Pocket and Diamond Pulls to the chest pockets.

Label: Completely accurate, reproduction, Satin label in correct style and color.

The jacket in question is a size 48, Bear in mind that these jackets fit differently than most of the modern "Mall" jackets sold today.
As such, please see the dimensions for this jacket and you will understand the sizing better. The original jackets seem to have had a standard +4" increase, form ones own measurement, and are labeled as such.
This is seen also in styles such as the fantastic A-2 jackets of the similar period.

This simple pattern has an extremely flattering "V" shape and will complement most men and
just look great on the streets in any general fashion application!!

Shipping: Is via USPS PRIORITY with Insurance and tracking where available

Last edited:

devilish

A-List Customer
Could I get some actual measurements? P2P, back and sleeve length? Depending on those I might be interested. Thanks.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Ok,
Pit to pit is 25"
Back length measured from bottom of collar seam is 24"
Sleeve from seam to cuff is 26"
Front is 22.5" from top of zipper to bottom of jacket.
Thanks.

Oh man, and even the measurements had to be perfect... I wish someone would take this. Bunyip, does it have a bi-swing back?

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Oh man, and even the measurements had to be perfect... I wish someone would take this. Bunyip, does it have a bi-swing back?
No bi-swing on this one, just lovely classic lines...smells superb, great stitching, under arm grommets, one of a kind, cool Buco repro tag, heavy red drill lining......the silliest price you've ever seen........do it...;)

Phew! One less thing to worry about... Congrats to redsox (I presume) for acquiring this perfection of a jacket!

redsox78

New in Town
Phew! One less thing to worry about... Congrats to redsox (I presume) for acquiring this perfection of a jacket!

Yep. years of lurking and free advice, and I've finally got a great jacket. Might be a tiny bit large, but for the price - and given what a great seller / forum'er Bunyip is - I figured it's no risk. Plus if I ever want a standard / all black one I have the option in the future :)

Now, I just have to be patient as it travels around the globe to me :)

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
We blocked it to stop the soccer hooligans and boy bands from coming in. They now have to go through customs.....;)

redsox78

New in Town
Jacket arrived today, it is brilliant. But, I need to sell it straight on :(

My wife and I have been looking for a house, and we have just found the dream home (Monday evening). So, it's all hand to the pump (our offer was accepted).

SO, I'm sacrificing the jacket. In order to get a quick sale I'll let it go for £175 (GBP) with postage included. I have great ebay feedback, and hopefully Bunyip can testify that I'm a good guy.

Monitor, you should jump at it, ;)

Last edited:

Ribdoner

A-List Customer
Jacket arrived today, it is brilliant. But, I need to sell it straight on :(

My wife and I have been looking for a house, and we have just found the dream home (Monday evening). So, it's all hand to the pump (our offer was accepted).

SO, I'm sacrificing the jacket. In order to get a quick sale I'll let it go for £175 (GBP) with postage included. I have great ebay feedback, and hopefully Bunyip can testify that I'm a good guy.

Monitor, you should jump at it, ;)

Hi,

Will you ship to zip # 38016 (USA) for 175 pounds?

I'm too "new" for pm so drop me a line at eightbaldy@aol.com.

Best, Adam

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Guys this guy is great to deal with, the jacket is superb. It should be classed as a flight jacket by now, USA to Oz to UK...it's racking up the miles, we should take a photo of it in every town it lives in!

redsox78

New in Town
If this falls through I might be interested. Send me a pm if still available.

Hi, I've not heard anything since my initial email, so if you're interested let me know. Not sure if I can send pm's yet... but ill try. My price does definitely include worldwide shipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner