Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diamond Dave prototype J-100.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hi guys,
A few weeks ago I won a DD jacket on EBay. It arrived last night. It is 3.5 Oz tombstone steer. It has waldes zippers throughout . It is is nice and soft, Dave made it in his size, so I think he has worn a few times,and it is already slightly broken in. It has a heavy red cotton drill lining. It's lovely. I'm not too sure of the fit. I think I'm not used to the higher cut. I have a bit of room in the gut, and I need to get used to it being around the high side of my waist. The zippers run smooth, the leather smells fantastic. The stitching is all neat and tight. I'm really happy. He is very easy to deal with, and I might do it again..the pictures aren't the best, my brother just got home from hospital, and took them sitting down in crappy light.
Thanks
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    845.9 KB · Views: 129

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Glad to see that went to a good home, congrats! Oh how I wish he or JC were my size....

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Glad to see that went to a good home, congrats! Oh how I wish he or JC were my size....
To be honest mate, it's about time someone made adult sizes. All of aeros sale and apprentice jackets etc are never bigger than a 42, rarely see any lost world sales stuff in big sizes etc. it's a nice change! It's a groovy jacket, just gotta get used to the cut...

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
If you like it that length that's the main thing, Bun. For me it's about 3 inches too short. J100 was always a longer cafe racer style. At six two and 185 pounds I know I need a 27 inch back length. I had a half-belt that was 24 and I told myself it was fine and that some guys like them short, period fitting, etc, etc, but I wasn't really happy, it looked like a bolero jacket, so I moved it on.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I'm the same, I much prefer a longer jacket in this style. It was such a fluke to get it, I'm going to try to learn to live with it...time will tell how much it gets worn....

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I think he is just trying something a bit different. Not sure if it suits me yet. I will wear it around the house for a bit and see if I can get used to it. The craftsmanship is superb, the leather feels great, has some nice grain already, smells divine.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Buny, definitely a great score, I saw that listing and I was tempted to jump in, glad you got it. The jacket is short, but it was intended to be short, it doesn't look unusual. Like others have said it has to work for you. The fact that the jacket is two toned makes it stand out, is the combo of color and length too much? Be happy you have a almost one of a kind jacket and wear it

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When DD makes it cropped, its certainly cropped!

Its a unique jacket and I kinda like the two - tone, not sure if I could pull it off tbh but I'm guessing as it ages and the stark contrast between the two colours lessens it will look better.

I'm in the same situation with my new DD cropped buco. I don't think they look bad, but I also don't think they really look like a Buco J-100. My personal opinion is that Dave needs to tone down the amount he crops them, it seems like most people are saying they are about 2-3 inches too short.

You just need the confidence to rock it. There are quite a few pics over at insurrections website on their gallery where people are wearing jackets just as cropped and they don't look bad at all....

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I like it...it's a one off, beautifully made, and it's a bit different....I think it will age kinda nicely...time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR