Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did You Dress For Easter?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
If you celebrrated the Easter holiday, what did you wear?

homburg.jpg

Washington

New in Town
We did

You look sharp in that, Scot

It was the one day I wished I had a homburg.

Nothing vintage, I'm afraid and I wish I had a picture, but I wore a blue chalk stripe 2 button suit, the only relatively spring tie I own (though it was 49 here today), white french cuff with basic gold cufflinks, a blue and green pocket square and topped it off with Art Fawcett grey fedora.

-Washington

Marty M.

Vendor
Too cold for the "Spec's"

It was the first easter when I couldn't wear a pair of "Spectator's". The temp was in the 20's. Scott, I like the pocket square in the overcoat.
Marty

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Scott and John you both look dashing as usual!!:eusa_clap

There's not much for a Jewish girl to do on Easter, so I lounged around the house all day in sweat pants and my favorite "Vespa" t-shirt. Not nearly vintage, but I was going for that comfy I'm not leaving the house look. Which was great up until a few minutes ago when my incredibly cute neighbor invited me over to "watch a late movie". Even though he's not a dresser, the most dressed I've ever seen him in is jeans (darn he looks good in them too :D) I knew that it would take me more than a few minutes to look decent, so I told him some other time. I do hope he asks again. Serves me right for lounging around like a shtunk all day!!

Kimberly

Practically Family
I agree with Daisy, you both look great (and I did see the GW hounds tooth suit in the other thread that Harry bought that was sharp as well). In fact, I am now inspired and am actually going to head to our local GW that I have never gone to :D ).

It is nice to see your suits for Easter. The only men I saw in suits today were ones coming back from church. I don't know much about men's suits but I do know I can appreciate them. I love details in clothing and have noticed the men's suits sometimes have more of that than the women's.

BTW: What's a homburg? :eek:

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
Scott and John you both look dashing as usual!!:eusa_clap

There's not much for a Jewish girl to do on Easter, so I lounged around the house all day in sweat pants and my favorite "Vespa" t-shirt. Not nearly vintage, but I was going for that comfy I'm not leaving the house look. Which was great up until a few minutes ago when my incredibly cute neighbor invited me over to "watch a late movie". Even though he's not a dresser, the most dressed I've ever seen him in is jeans (darn he looks good in them too :D) I knew that it would take me more than a few minutes to look decent, so I told him some other time. I do hope he asks again. Serves me right for lounging around like a shtunk all day!!

:eek:fftopic: Just jeans lol, I'm jealous.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Hear! hear! you gents look absolutely dapper!:)

I wound up in my red geranium dress:D , no hat sadly as I don't have one that would suit it.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Actually I did dress this morning. I considered the alternative for a moment and discussed it with my girl. We both decided dressing would be the proper thing to do before leaving the house for the day. We both chose clothing and then reluctantly put them on. I've spent the better part of the whole day dressed. Just like yesterday... and the day before... and

-dixon cannon ;)

ValleyBoy

Familiar Face
You boys look great. I spent my Easter under my truck and tractor fixing problems. :eusa_doh: No suit for me today.

Rooster

Practically Family
Black pinstriped 3 piece suit. Vintage 40's red art deco tie and matching pocket square. Dashing if I must say so myself.... Incredibly I was only one of maybe a dozen men to be wearing a suit to easter services in a large chuch. I was the only one to have on a 3 piece. Times certainly have changed since I was a young man. People used to wear their best on that day.

Rosie

One Too Many
Very sharp Scott and John. Scott, I love the tie.

My mom served Easter dinner. I planned to wear a fabulous navy with white polka dots 40's dress, rolls, flowers, the whole shabang. But, I took a nap on my couch, (my couch is SO comfy) and dashed up the street wearing wide legged trousers and a "boho" top locs flying in the wind. :eek: There's always next year.

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Wow...very spif. :)

I didn't go out to eat, but remained home in my U-Boat working dress pants, my boots, shirt and sweater.

I think I did my celebrating of Easter when I dyed the eggs...

Prien:rolleyes:

Washington

New in Town
Rooster said:
Black pinstriped 3 piece suit. Vintage 40's red art deco tie and matching pocket square. Dashing if I must say so myself.... Incredibly I was only one of maybe a dozen men to be wearing a suit to easter services in a large chuch. I was the only one to have on a 3 piece. Times certainly have changed since I was a young man. People used to wear their best on that day.

Rooster,
That's my biggest gripe lately. I was raised to always dress appropriately for church; which meant a suit from the time I was old enough to own one. I was appalled that so few people wore one yesterday and I even saw teenagers wearing untucked shirts and jeans. I'm sure the church was happy just to have them attend but I think it shows a lack of respect for the church and those around you. What does it say about you when you can't even dress nicely one day a year. :(

-Washington

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy