Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did You Dress For Easter?

Naama

Practically Family
I came home at 9¬?¬? am in the Morning on easter sunday.... Had to be with the family at 1pm..... So no, I didn't dress :rolleyes: But, I wish I did..... It could have worked to draw the attention away from the dark circles under my eyes.....

Naama

Kimberly

Practically Family
scotrace said:
A kind of hat. More formal than a fedora, less so than a topper.

There were people in my church in jeans. It really doesn't matter - as long as they were there.

Thanks Scotrace! I saw people in sweat pants leaving the church in the morning! :eek: I didn't see neither women nor men in hats though. I remember going to chruch when I was younger and all of the women had on the most beautiful hats and that was only 25 or so years ago. Times certainly have changed.

StanleyVanBuren

I didn't bother.

*gasp!*

With mom in NorCal, the sister in Boston, and dad in London, our family is scattered across the globe and was therefore not together for Easter. So, I took the opportunity to lounge about and play with my golden retriever. And I dressed like crap so you won't get to see it.

I did clean up my bar though, so maybe I'll post pics of that later.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
An overview of a homburg

A homburg is a stiff felt hat that is superficially very similar to the fedora, since both can have a crease from the front to the back of the crown, known as a "center dent". The homburg usually has no pinches, and has a brim with the edge sharply turned up all the way around. It is typically made from wool or fur felt and has a grosgrain hatband and brim treatment with an optional feather.

It was popularized by Edward VII after he visited Germany and brought back a hat of this style. Like the fedora, the homburg was once quite popular and is still available in almost any color, but the most common colors are black, grey, and brown. In Britain a black homburg became widely known in the 1930s as an "Anthony Eden" after the Government Minister of that name.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Grey flannel 3B sack, pink multi-striped shirt, collar pin, green foulard. Topped off with camel polo coat and grey Whippet knockoff.

My church is liberal but affluent and in NYC, so you'll see people dressed however they like – sweatshirts and hip huggers to bow ties and Easter bonnets.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Went to services on Sunday in grey wool trousers and a blouse. wore Red mary-janes on my feet.We actually had a huge snowstorm on Saturday night,so it looked more like Christmas:eek: We got 31 cms of snow!

Nevertheless, we had 10 people around our table for our dinner of roasted leg of lamb, ham, garlic mashed potatoes,asparagus,stuffed tomatoes, & lemon pie for dessert....

Sorrry:eek: I guess this thread is about clothes isn't it?:eek:fftopic:

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
scotrace said:
If you celebrrated the Easter holiday, what did you wear?

homburg.jpg

AWESOME coat.

warbird

One Too Many
Forrest green wool slacks with a dark taupe/mushroom check pattern, french blue shirt, tie with green, blue and gold pattern, dark green wool sweater vest and dark brown checked sportcoat. Bottomed it with medium brown J&M loafers and topped with a mushroom colored fedora.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda