Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Digital Assistants VERSES Planners

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
How many of you use digitial assitants to keep on schedule (e.g. Treo, Blackberry, Palms) or do you use planners like those made by Franklin Covey, Filofax, Day Runner?

I have a Treo that I use but the downside is I have a piece of paper, I can't tuck in anywhere.

My closet is full of all sizes of paper planners I have tried over the years. The last one I had was a Filofax, black leather in the Personal size (about 5 by 7). It zipped up. I have had smaller ones but it was impossible to write much of anything in them.

What do all of you use to keep your schedule?

Sorry if this should be in the Observation thread - but I see the DA or planner as an accouterment.

Ciao~!

griffer

Practically Family
Used Franklin, then a palm pilot, then tried to use the integrated Palm/Franklin system.

Dropped the Palm and the Franklin.

I use Outlook through work, mostly, synced to my blackberry.

And a Moleskine.

And my wife. She is my PDA, except that she is analog.

Sylvester D

Familiar Face
I need to use a Blackberry. I, like my grandfather(see avatar), am a lawyer. He thinks that in todays fast paced world an electronic asistant is essential even though he really doesnt understand them. He practiced law from the late 40s to early 90s. He can't believe my case load. However, this is from a guy who would always have a drink say a martini at lunch after spending the morning in court and then go back to the office. When we meet for lunch at least once a week now, he still tries to get me to order a drink. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot