Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dillinger's Derringer

Warbaby

One Too Many
Cool Derringer, but just a bit pricey for me...

"DALLAS, TX – The small pistol gangster John Dillinger was carrying hidden in a sock when he was arrested in Tucson, Arizona 75 years ago – six months before he was fatally gunned down in Chicago – was sold for $95,600 at Heritage Auction Galleries’ July 25 Grand Format Arms & Militaria Auction. The winning bid was more than double the pre-auction estimate of $35,000-$45,000."

More at news-antique.com.

Dillinger_Derringer.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Funny thing is, that gun probably went for more that Dillinger ever robbed from any bank. Go figure. ;)

Fantastic bit of history there too. I just wonder if the new owner has put a round through it just to say he shot a gun that Dillinger used?

Cheers!

Dan

Warbaby

One Too Many
It just occurred to me that the buyer could prolly amortize the cost of that Derringer by offering to shoot people (non-lethally, of course) for a fee. I'll bet you could find 95 wackos who'd pay a thousand bucks to be able to say they took a bullet from Dillinger's Derringer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda