Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DISCONTINUED - The Dalmore Cigar Malt

Kermez

A-List Customer
I believe that they've discontinued The Dalmore Cigar Malt Single Highland Malt Scotch Whiskey (86 Proof). I have done some research and made some calls, and from the results of my inquiries, it looks like this is indeed the case.

Most stores are out, it's no longer on their website (that I can find), and my internet research shows it discontinued.

Fair notice, if like me you love this beverage. Get it while you can.

This week I have bought 7 of the 15 bottles I've found, and the only reason I didn't get the other 8 is because the one store that has them is asking too much (about 15% higher than I'm used to paying for it). All told, this week I've been to around a dozen large liquor stores in the Houston area, and they are either out or I bought the last they had, except for the one place mentioned above.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Kermez said:
I didn't get the other 8 because the one store that has them is asking too much (about 15% higher than I'm used to paying for it).
Somewhere down the line you'll probably wish that you had bit the bullet and paid the surcharge. Been there, done that. :eek:

Kermez

A-List Customer
I'm willing to bet Obama won't be president when that day comes.

I still have an unopened bottle of the very hard to find (much less acquire) Glenfiddich Cask Strength Single Malt Scotch Whiskey - Aged 15 Years, that I bought in 1996.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the tip, Kermez. I guess I'll be shopping the beverage vendors on black Friday. At least they aren't in the malls.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Kermez said:
I believe that they've discontinued The Dalmore Cigar Malt Single Highland Malt Scotch Whiskey (86 Proof). I have done some research and made some calls, and from the results of my inquiries, it looks like this is indeed the case.

This week I have bought 7 of the 15 bottles I've found, and the only reason I didn't get the other 8 is because the one store that has them is asking too much (about 15% higher than I'm used to paying for it). All told, this week I've been to around a dozen large liquor stores in the Houston area, and they are either out or I bought the last they had, except for the one place mentioned above.

Have you checked the Austin and San Antonio area? There are some internet sellers you might check out too.

I can guess which is the one store charging extra.

Kermez

A-List Customer
Absinthe_1900 said:
Have you checked the Austin and San Antonio area? There are some internet sellers you might check out too.

I can guess which is the one store charging extra.

I'm not leaving town just to get another bottle. As for the internet, we'll see, but I doubt it - I do have 8 bottles left.

As for the store, if you were thinking SPEC's, sorry but no. In fact, I cleaned out 6 different SPEC's (each store's supplies were critically low - 1-2 bottles each - anyways).

Actually, it used to be a SPEC's, but for some reason hasn't been for a long time. It's on FM 1960 between 45 and Kuykendahl. It's called SPACE, and instead of an antropomorphic rabbit holding the flag with the store name, they changed it to an anthropomorphic cat. The funny part is, the "E" on the store light is out (and has been for years), so at night it reads "SPAC", and now everyone calls it that.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Kermez said:
I'm not leaving town just to get another bottle. As for the internet, we'll see, but I doubt it - I do have 8 bottles left.

As for the store, if you were thinking SPEC's, sorry but no. In fact, I cleaned out 6 different SPEC's (each store's supplies were critically low - 1-2 bottles each - anyways).

Actually, it used to be a SPEC's, but for some reason hasn't been for a long time. It's on FM 1960 between 45 and Kuykendahl. It's called SPACE, and instead of an antropomorphic rabbit holding the flag with the store name, they changed it to an anthropomorphic cat. The funny part is, the "E" on the store light is out (and has been for years), so at night it reads "SPAC", and now everyone calls it that.

I thought it might be the small shop in Rice Village on Times, have you checked there? I may walk over there in a bit since I'm off today, and not going to compete with the post T-Day shoppers.

Originally Posted by Tomasso
Eight years?! I got booze much older than that.......

I have absinthe that is older than I am, and some that is older than my parents.

Kermez

A-List Customer
Absinthe_1900 said:
I thought it might be the small shop in Rice Village on Times, have you checked there? I may walk over there in a bit since I'm off today, and not going to compete with the post T-Day shoppers.

Are you talking about the Briar Shoppe? I got most of my pipes from there, but I haven't been there in probably 4-5 years. I don't even knwo if it's still there, but I'll bet IF they have it, it'll cost more than the $30-$32 a bottle I'm used to paying.

Kermez

A-List Customer
Thanks for the info, but still too pricey for me this close to Christmas with all the bottle I aready have stocked away in my ..."inventory".

Kermez

A-List Customer
What?!? I've got something like 9 bottles already, and I've got at least 17 people to buy Christmas presents for. Not to mention all the cool stuff released this time of year I want for myself.

If they're still available in February, I'll consider it. Fair enough?

BobC

Absinthe_1900 said:

Thanks for this info, Absinthe. After I read this thread I called the one local place I found Dalmore CM, and they were out of it. They said they might have more next Thursday, but it sounds to me like they probably won't.

BobC

Possible because they don't have any to sell? They suggested I keep an eye on their website in February and said that the new distribution would be from the east coast to the west.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80