Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dishware dilemma

sew.momma

New in Town
I recently bought some beautiful Blue Ridge Pottery dishes (a full set that look like they've never even been used!) and I had bought them to replace my current, modern dishes but after getting them home and unwrapped I am afraid to use them for fear of braking them. I'm thinking they may be my special occasion dishes. The dilemma that I have is that I still am in need of new everyday type of dinnerware. I want something that would've been used in the 1940s on an everyday basis. Can anyone help me with some ideas/pictures of what would have been used at that time?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Everybody and their uncle has Fiesta Wear. You can find old and new version of it. There is also a particular vintage type that Sears used to sell, made by Universal Potteries in Cambridge, Ohio, called Cat Tail. It's very authentically vintage, and also extremely common on Ebay and other places. I'll find some pics.
This shows a couple of the things that are out there, but there are many more, including painted glasses with the same pattern.
http://www.ohioriverpottery.com/pages3/uniline03.html

If you do a search for Universal Potteries on Ebay, you'll see a lot of their stuff. Some of it is VERY vintage in style.

Last edited:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Also, Homer Laughlin. That's the company that makes Fiesta Wear. Put that name into an Ebay search and you'll find lots of vintagey looking patterns.

Foxer55

A-List Customer
There is a company that sells all kinds of replacement dishware, silverware, etc. Google Replacements Unlimited, I think that's their name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo