Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese/Frederick's of Hollywood

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Laura Chase said:
The corsets look lovely, but to me they look like bedroom wear and nothing else.

I agree. These are not corsets that will stand up to regular wear and tear, and they are not capable of truly cinching the waist the way a regular steel-boned corset with a front busk would.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
I got this catalogue yesterday, and I think it's really cute but my first thought was definitely "Wow, they shopped her legs longer!"

I want to hire that shopper to follow me around and make my legs longer all the time.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
lyburnum said:
They all look like barbie and ken dolls - it doesn't look natural at all. Some of them have been far too photoshopped.

This link (glennferon.com) is used by several photographer friends of mine as an example of what POOR retouching looks like.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I´mn glad to hear the quality of the lingerie seems ok. But I´m sad I couldn´t find a retailer for it in Germany yet *cries*

P.s.: I don´t see thewy made her legs longer, but made her upper body look way tinier than it is! In some pics she looks like a a-cup which she definately isn´t.

Snookie

Practically Family
The CEO of Fredrick's is a member of my parents' church. :) I'm not sure how long she's been in charge, maybe 3-4 years? She's been instrumental in turning around the image of the company. Next time I see her I'll tell her how excited everyone is about the pin-up ads.

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
Josephine said:
Do they have any links of what good retouching looks like?
I think this page shows really good retouching. Take some time to watch the pictures, it is a really good boost for the self-esteem to see that not even the movie stars look like movie stars naturally!

Was it Cindy Crawford that said that "not even I look like Cindy Crawford in the mornings."

Josephine

One Too Many
Helen Troy said:
I think this page shows really good retouching. Take some time to watch the pictures, it is a really good boost for the self-esteem to see that not even the movie stars look like movie stars naturally!

Thanks, in the Girl Scout Troop I co lead we're starting a badge/activity about beauty and taking care of yourself and I had bookmarked the previous site a few months ago to show the girls don't believe everything you see, but this one is better. :)

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Helen Troy said:

Was it Cindy Crawford that said that "not even I look like Cindy Crawford in the mornings."

I am amazed at all that goes into photoshopping. I guess if I had someone walking behind me photoshopping my pictures, I would make them shave off 10-20lbs too! haha!

It is crazy what we perceive as "real" anymore. I am glad I saw this!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I like Dita's style, as costume-y as it is, but I don't know why she is so popular. She looks so, I don't know, fragile? vulnerable? weak?during her act, she is not athletic looking at all, and I know that is the point, but still it looks wrong to my modern eye. She looks better in clothes. I don't think she is especially pretty. I think she looks like a prettier version of Rumer Willis. [huh]

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
i would love to see one of her shows, does any one have any idea when and where i could see one?
i just got her book, it's really need got it on amazon for under $10.00 but it has a lot of cool facts and nice pictures.
i wonder what her house looks like.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
She walked right past me at a Selfridges appearance a couple of months back, I mean literally a couple of feet away, and she is ultra petite. They may well have lengthened her legs a little but she is no way more than about 5' 1" to 5' 2" ABSOLUTE MAX.

The statistics featured in her book where I think they say she is 5' 6" may well be true, but 4 - 5" of this come from her killer heels!lol

I was relieved to have finally seen her as I spent ages looking at her pics and I couldn't see how the height, waist and bust measurements given in the book were meant to add up in relation to each other. She does have the smallest waist that I have ever seen on a grown woman but this is partly because she is built like a tiny fairy doll and is about the same height and weight as my 15 year old stepdaughter She also certainly has one of the youngest, and prettiest faces for a lady of 36 so I would forgive a little photo manipulation here and there! ;)

I love her look, admire her hard work and love the Fredericks pics.

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Laura Chase said:
Is it this picture?

homepage_07-1101_main.jpg

If so, I think it is just her great pose, which really elongates everything.

It IS a great pose. Lovely trick to elongate yourself. Point the toe and her leg is pointing away from her body towards the camera. It's closer to the camera and the angle makes it seem longer than it really is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff