Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Noooooo! :hurt:

Do not mention IT'S name on this gorgeous thread.. please.. It's enough to fear of him jumping out, singing "Baby", from my refrigerator (soon, he'll be on a pack of tampons, too). :rofl:

What have I started here?!!! :sorry: profusely for tainting the heretofore sweet-smelling air of the Lounge with mention of the Dweeb! Am I forgiven if I promise not to do it again? (Oh, and by the way, I see him rather on a pack of suppositories...:D)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
About her perfume: she promised us that it would have a dash of vulgarity.. :eyebrows:

I love it lol Can't quite picture it, though - She's as class as it gets!

dita-von-teese-headshot.jpg

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
With a provocative picture of darling-Dita, daily mail gave us this:

The hourglass diet

THE RULES
Ditch ready-meals - cooking fresh foods will reduce your intake of salt, sugar and saturated fat and help beat the bloat.
Eat regularly - the key to banishing fat around the middle as it keeps energy and hunger levels stable. Plus it keeps your metabolism efficient and burns calories at a faster rate.
Steam or poach rather than fry or roast.
Avoid full-fat or hard cheeses. Choose soft cheese such as brie or goat's cheese.
Remove all skin from poultry and limit your red meat intake.
A glass of juice always means 150ml, a cereal portion 75g and milk 200ml.

Your 7-day meal planner

DAY 1
Breakfast: Glass of apple juice, bowl of sugar-free muesli with skimmed milk
MID-MORNING
Snack: Vegetable crudites with hummus
Lunch: Wholemeal pitta filled with turkey salad
Mid-AFTERNOON SNACK: Two rice cakes spread with cottage cheese
Dinner: Tofu stir-fry, followed by a slice of melon

DAY 2
Breakfast: Mango and banana smoothie and a handful of sunflower seeds
MID-MORNING
Snack: Six dried apricots
Lunch: Pasta with red peppers and walnuts
Mid-AFTERNOON SNACK: Two rice cakes with peanut butter
Dinner: Grilled chicken breast with baked sweet potato wedges

DAY 3
Breakfast: Glass of pineapple, bowl of exotic fruits and toasted bagel with 1tbsp low-fat cream cheese
MID-MORNING
Snack: Six dates
Lunch: Small baked potato with 125g (4oz) of cottage cheese
Mid-AFTERNOON SNACK: Two oatcakes and a peach
Dinner: Chicken salad with low-fat Thai dressing

DAY 4
Breakfast: Half a grapefruit and a slice of wholegrain toast with a little olive oil spread
MID-MORNING
Snack: Two oatcakes with Marmite
Lunch: Wholemeal pitta filled with 100g tinned salmon and watercress and a small low-fat fruit yogurt
Mid-AFTERNOON SNACK: Apple and a plum
Dinner: Poached salmon with steamed vegetables, followed by a baked banana (cooked in foil for 10 mins with a tablespoon of honey and lemon juice)

DAY 5
Breakfast: A glass of orange juice and a savoury omelette made with two eggs, chopped red pepper and mushrooms
Mid-MORNING SNACK: A handful of almonds
Lunch: Six pieces of vegetarian sushi and an exotic fruit salad
Mid-AFTERNOON SNACK: Two rice cakes with peanut butter
Dinner: Grilled steak, steamed veg and rice (cook wild rice in veg stock with half a chopped onion for flavour) and a pear

DAY 6
Breakfast: A glass of apple juice and a bowl of porridge, sweetened with chopped apricots
Mid-MORNING SNACK: Vegetable crudites with hummus
Lunch: Chicken and rice salad - mix four tablespoons of cooked brown rice with a large handful of chopped raw veg, such as cucumber, celery, red pepper and tomatoes, with a handful of grilled, chopped chicken.
Squeeze over lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil
MID-AFTERNOON
Snack: Six Brazil nuts
Dinner: Eight veggie nuggets, followed by handful of berries with a small pot of natural yoghurt

DAY 7
Breakfast: A blueberry and banana smoothie and a slice of wholemeal toast spread with a little peanut butter to taste
MID-MORNING
Snack: Six dried prunes
Lunch: Savoury omelette with two eggs, chopped mushrooms, red pepper and onion and served with mixed salad leaves
MID-AFTERNOON
Snack: Two oatcakes spread with Marmite
Dinner: Griddled artichokes and fennel, served with grilled tuna steak and brown rice, plus two kiwi fruit

I guess there's no pace for :popcorn: if you want to be an "hourglass perfection" lol

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Alright ladies, we need to talk about that hair. Why is it so smooth and artfully curled, and why can't I have it?

dita-von-teese-20080712-436426.jpg

The nearest thing I can guess is that she has minimal layering, large (at least 2") rollers, and a really great setting lotion.

The texture of my hair just doesn't lend itself to these styles... It's pin straight and incredibly heavy. I have to layer it and thin out the ends before I can even think of curling it. When its shorter it will curl better, but now that its getting longer, it's getting heavier and much more difficult to curl. I don't want to cut it short though, I want it to look like Dita's :(

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I've got nuthin. I would guess she uses some type of pomade or shine serum as well.

She says she does all her own hair styling, as well as coloring at home. I haven't yet decided if I totally believe that. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes