Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you ever think you are going insane?

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
My cats will slowly remove every single pen they find and fling it round the house until it ends up under the fridge. There were about 9 pens under it last time I checked! lol

My Gertie kitty likes to drag socks off to her underground lair (a.k.a. under my bed where she ripped a hole in the underside of my box spring which she uses to climb into the box spring through). It can be quite a pain to fish out her prey (my socks) back out of the Gert Cave (the box spring). Gertie is lucky she's so cute and affectionate and I can overlook certain habits because she's so darn sweet. lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
SarahLouise said:
It could be your cats! My naughty cat once played with one of my lipsticks and brought it down 2 flights of stairs into the living room but I didn't even notice it was missing. Everything to her is a toy though, bless.

Well, the cats did put my boyfriend's cellphone charger under the entertainment center. I have no idea how. But the ipod? Or the sweater? I don't see them and I've looked EVERYWHERE.

One of my mom's cats takes her keys down to the basement.

Folly

One of the Regulars
Not that I didn't ever know it was happening, but our last house bunny Mitsy would actually steal food from your hand. It's hard to chastise a rabbit when they're bounding away with a crumpet in their mouth lol
She also used to take things from the vegetable rack in the kitchen .. I often saw her reversing through the door dragging along a whole head of celery.

Our house bun now, Miss Grace, likes to steal tortilla chip bags as they make delightful noises when you drag them around the room. I often find things that should be in the rubbish bin behind sofas and chairs, where she's left them after becoming bored with them.

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
The Shirt said:
I just bid on a perfect little 50s wedding dress. It will not fit my waist. But better yet - I am not getting married. Sure there's possibility there - but I literally just jinxed it.

Has anyone ever just bid on something - out of pure lust and imagination that they never should have?:eek:

I'm sitting here biting my nails waiting for the auction to end not sure if I'll be distraught if I win it or more distraught if I don't. Wish me luck!

don't worry about it, at least now you'v got a good reason to bid on a nice vintage corset to wear under the dress lol

playbelle

New in Town
My first ever vintage purchase (off eBay, where else) was an off-white 70s Gunne Sax'ish maxi prairie dress, except more Victorian-looking with a high neckline, all prim and proper, that could well have been a wedding dress at some point... I have no wedding looming on the horizon, but that's really the only use I can think for it. I just fell in love with it at first glance and knew I had to have it, regardless of practicality. I'm a sucker for long flowy romantic dresses that have the air of past centuries (as long as they don't stink too badly of them...). :eek: Luckily no one else wanted it as bad, I ended up forking out "only" 60 something bucks for a dress I'll probably never wear, except to strut around at home in front of the mirror occasionally. lol

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
dollydaydream said:
I'm forever buying from the Charity shops thinking 'I could make that into...' or 'I could modify that'. Silly me :rolleyes:

A total aside for dollydaydream - I have an original copy of the knitting book that is pictured in your avatar! :) Everyone wears sweaters!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Folly said:
It's hard to chastise a rabbit when they're bounding away with a crumpet in their mouth

I would give a lot for a picture of this--the picture it makes in my head is pretty cute!

Folly

One of the Regulars
imoldfashioned said:
I would give a lot for a picture of this--the picture it makes in my head is pretty cute!

I wish I had one too. The best I have is Miss Grace (our current house bun) with an ice cream cornet in her mouth .. it looks like she has a beak!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have always been insane

so what else is new?
Funny this should come up - I am on Day 1 of medication for my out-of-control ADD. And I feel... fabulous!
Wish me luck!
But yes, vintage insanity/buyers's remorse is also a constant. For me it is shoes that I think I can bear the pain of until the money has changed hands.. then I am like "What was I thinking? These HURT!".
I have this alternate fantasy self who has size 6 AAA feet, and sometimes she takes over, I guess.

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
DId you look in the fridge? That is when you really know you are insane.
Keeping certain household items in the fridge can be kinda handy....that's where I like to keep my phone books so I always know where they are and I'm not insane. Well, maybe a little "off" but not insane. ;)
There's a KILLER 30's wedding dress that I drool over (and it fits really well) at my local antique mall, but I figure if I bought it poor Ace might just up and have a heart attack.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
MaryDeluxe said:
HA top this...
my favorite is when I can't find my keys and I open my front door and find them hanging there in the lock all night!
I've done this more then once! :D

That really makes me feel a little bit nutty! :rolleyes:

Can I just say I have a guardian angel. I did this just yesterday, came in about 4pm and about 6pm today my neighbour knocked and handed me my keys. Now that is 26 hours sitting in the lock, with my car parked opposite, ready to be stolen. AND people had pushed flyers through my letter box during the day.
Thank goodness I live in a nice area and have honest neighbours. :eusa_doh:

The Shirt

Practically Family
Got the dress today. It might fit 1/4 of my in it. So much for my diet incentive! I could probably dress up one of my thighs in it though.

I may still take it to my magical seamstress and see if see can keep the front intact and add something across the back like a bustle and long bow. This will certainly teach me from doing this again.

I haven't even looked on ebay since the debacle - that's unheard of for me.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No. Not since I went insane. Now life is beautiful all the time and I'm happy to see those nice young men
in their clean, white coats from the happy home with trees and flowers and chirping birds, and basket
weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes....

-nonnaC noxiD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt