Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

S

Samsa

Samsa said:
Yes. And it's making me sick to my stomach. (In a good way. I think.)

I lied. Turns out it was just indigestion.

I still have a crush though.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
zaika said:
i have a crush on noam chomsky. and a guy i see on the bus almost everyday. :)

I've seen him speak--he's brilliant of course (and very geeky cute). I've seen Howard Zinn many times in Cambridge as well.

VegasMike

One of the Regulars
KL15 said:
I still have one on Ingrid Bergman!

Ain't that the truth :)

ingrid_bergman_03.jpg

/melt

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Well...celebrity-wise, Gerard Butler makes me melt. And Neil Gaiman makes me stutter and fall over myself after standing in long lines to get books autographed. Among the classics, Humphrey Bogart and Spencer Tracy (yes, I know).

No real crushes currently--the last one I had dive-bombed. He fell for me right after I realized what a bad idea he was (you know, 55, almost-divorced with two young kids), and now I can't shake him off. I have to work with him too...:eek: lol

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I've got a crush on you, Sweetie Pie..:)

As someone once quipeed: "Here's a little something for your sweet tooth baby, and all your other sweet parts too"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmGhT0G1yB0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozbhiT7JeqI

(My thanks to Geroge Gershwin for this little number below!;) )

I've got a crush on you, Sweetie pie.
All the day and night-time, hear me sigh
I never had the least notion
That I could fall with so much emotion

Could you coo?
Could you care
For a cunning cottage we could share?
The world will pardon my mush
'Cause I have got a crush, my baby, on you

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
PADDY said:
As someone once quipeed: "Here's a little something for your sweet tooth baby, and all your other sweet parts too"

Michael Andrews is fun to listen to once the music picks up--charismatic! I love it when Jerry himself sings...I have an album of his (geek-alert!).

Edward

Bartender
Hmmn. Now here's a thing..... I've never, ever fonud Marylin Monroe remotely sexy. I love her films, she was a great actress.... but she does absolutely nothing for me in that way. I think it's because before I got to know anything about her personally, all I had was the airhead kindsa characters she plays, which just don't do it for me at all. Strong, intelligent women are always what did it for me - there's no bigger turn on than intellect. [huh]

That said, vintage ladies..... I tend to be attracted to the femme fatale types - not that I like a nasty leady in real life, simply again it's the stength and intelligence thing, versus the "damsel in distress" type. A bit off-period for most here, but dear Ms Page will always do it for me in a way Ms Monroe could never hope to. :rolleyes:

Most recently, I've had a thing for actress Sheridan Smith since her role as audrey in the recent West End production of Little Shop of Horrors - not only is she an incredible performer, but she turned out to be totally adorable in person too. Another girl in that cast made me weak at the knees - Catherine - a Welsh redhead with a Cardiff accent, creamy skin and vibrant red hair. And in one scene on stage she was dressed in a forties style tweed two-piece..... oh my! The young lady who plays the character Abby in NCIS makes me go weak at the knees. I love her on the show, but it's the fact that in real life she's a mix of goth and vintage, an actress, has several degrees (she's actually qualified to be the forensic she plays on that show), and is by all accounts a very lovely person. Again with the pale skin. The women I tend to be drawn to are most often very, very pale - the influence of having seen a lot of Golden Age movies in my childhood, I think. There was for a long time a friend as well, which became a more serious attraction for over a year, but that's burned out now when it became very clear that it certainly wasn't mutual. I have a little thing about a friend right now, but it'll never come to more than a crush as I don't see it working out in any way. Sometimes it's nicer just to have thed daydream than the disillusioning reality! ;)

Kishtu

Practically Family
It's been some years since anyone had a crush on me - big sigh.... those were the days when I was young and pretty....

Mine change with the weather, but I have a long-running affection for Christopher Eccleston and Eric Stoltz (I like red-haired men, preferably beaky red-haired men, what can you do?*)

*Comically enough my home sweetie fits into none of the above categories.... which is probably why I adore him!!

Starius

Practically Family
I have a crush on Kristen Bell. I had more crushes when I was a teenager, not surprisingly, but Kristen Bell is probably the only significant one I have these days.

_KristenBell.jpg
kristen_bell_031607_04.jpg

marylaneem2.jpg
kristen-bell-sundance-pics.jpg

TheDutchess

One of the Regulars
I have a crush on Marlon Brando, especially when he was in "A Street Car.."

I think i just fell in love thinking about it right now lol He just has that something about him you can't quite put yout finger on. It goes way past his looks.

V

VargasBaby

I have a few crushes, one in real life and a few fantasy ones. :eek: Though the one I wouldnt consider a crush as much as something more.

The whom's arent really important I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy