Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do You Listen To The Radio?

WinoJunko

One of the Regulars
The radio station I listen to is 95.5 KLOS. I usually only listen to it in the morning and that is when the Mark And Brian radio show is on. I love that show! Its so funny! A great thing to listen to in the morning.

DblCoronaMS

One of the Regulars
Another broadcast veteran checking in.

Last year I got the boot from Clear Channel in Biloxi, MS as part of the budget cuts when they were trying to inflate the stock price for the buyout. I started in 1979 right out of high school and wanted to be on the radio since I made that decision at the age of 10 and luckily did just that more on than off for nearly 30 years as a jock and production director. I still do spots from my home studio.

Clear Channel and the rules changes of the early '90s ruined radio for me. I still love to listen to airchecks from the '60s & '70s and am proud to count among my friends a guy named Willie B, a former KTNQ Los Angeles and B-100 San Diego boss jock from that era now doing afternoons in Indianapolis, but now it's Sirius for me, about 95% of that is Sirius Blues 74. The rest is my iPod.

Clear Channel killed my Inner Child.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
I pretty much limit my radio listening anymore. Mostly its NPR for news and classical music during the day. They also play some decent jazz at night, leaving one night a week for classic early jazz. Saturday mornings another local station will play older bluegrass and folk, but otherwise I'm in a cultural wasteland and relying on computer feeds and mp3 downloads.

Richard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21