Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dockers K-1, similar recommendations?

Repro Guy

New in Town
Hi

Could anyone recommend me some chinos made from a similar style fabric to the Dockers K1?

(the ones made from 'Kramerton' army cloth.... if that means anything to anyone!!)

I have a pair, but I kinda think I need some which are a bit longer, so maybe a chino with an unfinished hem, I can close at my choosing.

In the tradtional hkaki heavyweight style fabric. Preferably a brand I can get online as Im in the UK.

i heard a few good things about Bills Khakis (?)

thanks in advance!

jake431

Practically Family
L.L. Bean makes some Cramerton Twill Pants. Check them out here.

I have a pair, and they're very comfortable (I'm actually wearing them as I type this message).

-Jake

Repro Guy

New in Town
hi - thanks for the recommendation!

thats the same cloth too.

those look definitely what I am after... unfortunately I need a 36 minimum length... Damn:mad:

SGB

One of the Regulars
jake431 said:
L.L. Bean makes some Cramerton Twill Pants. Check them out here.

I have a pair, and they're very comfortable (I'm actually wearing them as I type this message).

-Jake

Jake are these the ones with the patch pockets? If so, should be mentioned as some might not like them that way, I returned mine.

SGB

jake431

Practically Family
SGB said:
Jake are these the ones with the patch pockets? If so, should be mentioned as some might not like them that way, I returned mine.

SGB

Heh, I think you just took care of that!

;)

-Jake

Doug C

Practically Family
Hi I'd like to offer another option, one that's a little more accurate in detail than the LLbean and the Bills. Consider the "Trouser, Cotton, Khaki" from WWIIimpressions . It has all the correct details such as the top edge of the front pockets covering the waistband (becoming part of it), correct brown buttons at the fly, double feld seams, nicely sewn and visible watch pocket and 8.2oz cotton twill. I don't own a pair of these, because the picture on their website is completely useless!! So, I was patient (very patient) and found a couple of original WWII khaki trousers with these same details in my size. The waistband detail is not always present in repro or in originals but it's one that is very unique and I think of it as a detail that sets them apart from just another pair of khakis of the era. Not long ago there was a guy selling the repro's from WWIIimp on ebay and he posted plenty of good pictures of them (WWII imp should take notes) and they answered all the questions that I had about them - I'll be getting these next time I need some. JMHO.

ps... these are not to be confused with the USMC ones, those are without back pockets. Also I just wanted to say that the Buzz Rickson's I had were absolutely the perfect WWII khakis but the WWIIimp ones are a little cheaper. Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran