Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anybody recognize this early rmnz dubow A2?

wild_balls

Practically Family
Hi,

Just bought this early amazing real mccoy Dubow A2 jacket off ebay! I am sure I have seen this one with the nametag A.M. DALY somewhere here on the forum!
Would be nice to have some info about it!

Cheers, Joakim
IMG_4372.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It belonged to Paddy at one time and was sold on a couple of years back. I have seen this jacket in the flesh and it is a really nice Dubow repro. Congratulations on buying it.

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
Hi
Its my old jacket that I sold last year to a German collector.
I put the name tag on it (it's my name) and its probably the best fitting (for me) A2 I have ever had.

If you ever replace the tag please let me know as I have a jacket to add it on to

Supposedly it was a gift to a Band of Brothers producer by RMNZ although there is no written proof of this.

The knits were badly fraying when I had it,so I bought from Paddy in RMNZ replacement cuffs and put them on

jackets1.jpg

The jacket enjoying some "jacket sunbathing" !!

Oh and its flown on a B17

B17andB24043.jpg

Some pictures below...

Dubow003.jpg

B17andB24092.jpg

PM me if you want any additional info.

Good price you bought it for as well.
I sold it for £550 (sterling)

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great pics Alan. I believe you bought it from Paddy Middleton in the autumn 2010, because he still had the jacket when he came to Duxford in the May as the photo taken in Cambridge shows. The wristlets were badly worn at that time.

DUXFORD2010064.jpg

Last edited:

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
Forgot to add that the pictures on the B17 Flying Fortress were taken in July 2010
That was a magical time.

Climbing on board ...
DSCF45701.jpg

B17.jpg

B17andB24023.jpg

I also did a B24 Liberator ride at the same time so your jacket is a true "WW2 plane veteran !!

B17andB24085.jpg

B17andB24074.jpg

B17andB24081.jpg

I hope you have fun wearing it.

Alan

Last edited:

wild_balls

Practically Family
Hi again,

This is amazing, I am more than grateful for the fantastic pictures and info!
I think I will keep your nametag as you are the one who flew with it!!!!
This shows the importance of buying high quality products, they have a tendency to create their own history!
It also shows how great a forum like this is for people with the same passion for this kind of items!

Cheers, Joakim

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics Alan! Those are great. Love the B-17 shots especially. We flew in the Aluminum Overcast a couple years back and were lucky enough to have two WWII Vets (who flew them) with us. Fantastic experience and memories. Thanks for sharing.

wild_balls

Practically Family
Hi again,

Does anybody of you know if the early real mccoy repros had a makers tag in the pocket, because I can not find any tag anywhere on the jacket! The zipper is a hookless I think, was that fitted to the early ones as well ? It is an awesome jacket, I send a thank you to the previous owners for the nice break in! The Band of brothers connection sounds interresting!

Cheers Joakim

RRackleyAdams

New in Town
That's the nicest patina I've ever seen on a lighter-shade russet...really amazing jacket. Thanks for sharing pix...can't believe some of you gentlemen were willing to part with it!

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
That's the nicest patina I've ever seen on a lighter-shade russet...really amazing jacket. Thanks for sharing pix...can't believe some of you gentlemen were willing to part with it!

If you collect jackets you have a illness - " Jacket Sickness " and are always buying and selling (and sometimes re buying !!!) jackets as we ever try and find the
"mystical perfect jacket".
The Dubow is a great jacket and as said earlier the best fitting for me A2 I have ever worn.
We let them go and sometimes we hope to see them again.
Who knows I may buy it again if it became available.

Alan

(PS) we are all crazy and thats probably the answer to your question....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy