Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dogfights

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well it seems to be back following the 360 programs on Friday nites.

Last nite-
Dogfights: Death of the Luftwaffe
Operation Bodenplatte was a daring plan to destroy American forward air bases all over Holland, Belgium, and the Netherlands during World War ll. On January l, 1945, 17 of these airbases were attacked. One of the greatest dogfights in history will take place as the Americans make a stand at a Y-29 forwards airbase in northeast Belgium. At 9am a massive formation of German aircraft is headed for Y-29. Eight P-47 Thunderbolts ambush the Germans, derailing the initial attack. 20 American aircraft get off the runway at Y-29 to engage nearly 70 German planes. Ultimately, over two dozen German planes are shot down to the loss of just one P-47 Thunderbolt. The failure at Y-29 embodies the failure of Operation Bodenplatte and helped to facilitate the death of the Luftwaffe.

Next week-
Dogfights: Secret Weapons
November 20, 1944. The USS Mississinewa, a massive oil tanker, sits off the coast of the island of Ulithi. At 5:45am, an explosion rips apart the vessel. This is the work of the Kaiten--a manned, suicide submarine. It is designed to be driven directly into an American ship before detonating. Meanwhile, the German Luftwaffe unleashes its own secret weapon...the rocket-powered Me163 Komet. The Komet was designed to rocket up to altitude, pass through a bomber stream at over 600mph, then streak back through the bomber stream on its way down. The US Navy pursues research into remotely-controlled airplanes backed with explosives...in essence, guided missiles. First-hand accounts, rare archival footage and original shooting supplement the remarkable computer graphics.

Hondo

One Too Many
I enjoyed 360 was tempted to watch Dogfights, unfortunately had commitments; hope to catch repeats Dogfight & 360, this program defiantly is worth seeing again :)

Tux Toledo

One of the Regulars
I really enjoyed Dogfights. The P51 Mustang was quite a fighter plane. The P47 wasn't too shabby either. I love the interviews with the pilots. True heroes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran