Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dressing for the Holiday / Christmas party season

Inky

One Too Many
goldwyn girl said:
What are you ladies planning to wear to holiday/christmas, parties/events this year. Formal and casual. Do you have a favorite item or outfit you always bring out ?

good topic GG!

This will be the first year I have agreed to attend the Air Force Base holiday party with my husband. I plan to wear a black cocktail dress (not sure which one yet) with black accessories and my beautiful vintage rhinestone snowflake brooches (one large and two small).

still need shoes....hahaha, all the shoes i have an none right for cocktail dresses.

And for him he'll need a suit - 48Tall - no chance of vintage for him!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
My husband's company-wide holiday party is mid-January. I'll be nine (plus) months pregnant then - with two weeks until my likely delivery date. I have one sleeveless go-to black knit dress that may still fit then. If that is what I end up wearing, I'll pair it with a cute vintage cardigan, sparkly pin, my diamond and pearl earrings (wedding present), and call it good. I have no idea what to do for shoes as I'm only wearing a very non-vintage pair of Sketchers as my daily shoes now. They're comfy for my feet, and don't require tying/bending over to put them on. Bonus for me. Heels will be a no-no. Maybe some ballerina flats?

He's lucky I'm even considering getting dressed up at that point. The thought of going into labor at the party has occurred to me. What a first impression to make on his big bosses, no?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I am thinking of buying this dress from Stop Staring.

It will be my treat for losing 25 pounds this year! I still need a good pair of shoes, though, and I'm not sure what color to get. Silver, strappy ones? Black wedges?

texasgirl

One Too Many
Great dress! Very Va-Va-Vavoom!

Congrats too BTW !!!

I had these saved in my photos, they're Sofft

ScreenHunter_02Sep081155.jpg

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
This was last years dress:

4762526_34305_lphoto.jpg

And this is this years:

jazminredt.jpg

I can't wait for it to arrive. I'm wearing seamed stockings and patent pumps.

I love red...can't you tell. I got alot of great compliments on the first one. It's very flattering.

BTW: Congrats on the weight loss AmateisGal. I'm sure you'll look great in anything you wear!

Foofoogal

Banned
I try to buy a special vintage beaded cardigan every year and do my outfit around it. I always get great comments.
I have a copper beaded one that is devine and a Walborg copper purse to match. My hair has copper in it now so I am trying to figure out what I want to do. Probably emerald green velvet. lol
http://sandysfancypants.blogspot.com

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
9431_161026084163_624014163_2754286_1356443_n.jpg

I'm thinking of making this dress in red with the triangle panels in green.....:eek:
I'll be in England for the Holidays so I'll have an occasion to wear it!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
OOH! England over the holidays...I am so jealous. There is nothing like Christmas in London....or any little pub in the middle of nowhere. What a great pattern.

clubwitsend

Practically Family
texasgirl said:
Great dress! Very Va-Va-Vavoom!

Congrats too BTW !!!

I had these saved in my photos, they're Sofft

ScreenHunter_02Sep081155.jpg

Totally gorgeous! And they look so comfortable, too!

As for my holiday philosophy, I think I'm going to take it to the next level with jewelry and accessories...I have some great black gowns from the 30s, and I think I'm going to hunt down some fantastic, giant cuffs and oversized earrings to wear!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I tend to wear a lot of red and green together at Xmas time. Funny, although green is my favorite color, and I have a tone of nice vintage "emerald" jewelry, I do not have a plain green dress. I think this is the year to make one.

Something backless and slinky...and long. Since 99% of my holiday appearances are when I am playing, and long dresses look much better at the piano.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
In December I always attend a candlelight tour of the local spanish fort. This year I am making a plain black florr length skirt to wear with my 1950s bronze beaded sweater. I figure I can use the skirt over and over again.
This is what I wore last year:
meshot.jpg

Samantha

Inky

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy