Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

East/West Musical Instruments Company

Incredible one on eBay at the moment:
Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 9.07.00 AM.png

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't know how I missed this thread, even with the fact my username was mentionned yet I didn't get any alerts, very strange o_O

Really cool thread!

It seems to be still available, if it was at least a 42 I would have gambled!

Suede East West jacket I saw on eBay a while back. @red devil you might like this one.

View attachment 260279
View attachment 260278
View attachment 260280

This one is very very cool, and works very well in Suede but I would have it made in Ezo deerskin... Maybe I should see if Four Speed would be up to the task? Not his usual style but he has made quite a few different one offs.
In dark red of course! :D

I think that once @red devil gets his Electric Leather Studios jacket we will all be drooling.

The jacket was completed a few months ago, I was supposed to be in Japan around April, but with the situation that trip got cancelled. Now I have lost weight, about 14kg and am thinking that the best thing would be to pick it up personally whenever it will be.

I have other plans for him, one quite wild, but that would place it within the average when compared to East West ;)

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aero did a few deerskin shirts for Iron Heart that used leather from a traditional tanner in Germany. That'd be a cool choice.

Here's a photo of Haraki's after a few years of wear.

View attachment 260369

I need to do some more research into nordic tanneries, they have a rich history in deer, elk and moose.

I have to say the Rover looks nice in darker colours as well

DSCN5924.JPG

DSCN5925.JPG

There was even a version with different colours

55168196.jpg

55168196_o1.jpg

I have been wanting the smoke for a long time, works in Burgundy

00012581.JPG

00012584.JPG

00012585.JPG

00012586.JPG

00012591.JPG

And works in green, this one is for you @handymike ;)

IMG_4801.JPG

IMG_4803.JPG

IMG_4804.JPG

Seems like the most popular size was 38 :/

Wow, yes...the green!
I just received a 70s Bates that , while infinitely more tame, kinda fills my need for these big-collared beauties...but I’d trade it in for the Smoke in a heartbeat ;). The burgundy stitching on the green leather is a fantastic touch.

Last edited:

Chris Frisby

New in Town
So, I think I found one of these jackets on a buy/sell site while hunting a shearling jacket for my daughter. Mine is lacking the leather label but I am told this jacket could be an employee personal jacket or possibly a prototype. What do you think? Screenshot_20201219-012454.png Screenshot_20201218-202426.png Screenshot_20201219-012444.png

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Last year when visiting Japan I tried on this Eas West Barnstormer. Size XXL which is incredibly rare to find, most of these jackets are tiny for some reason. Perfect fit, great condition but about $3200 if I remember correctly.

IMG_3181.jpeg
IMG_3198.jpeg

Last month when scrolling through Instagram I spotted this one. I could not believe my eyes. It was probably going to be too small but for this kind of money I was willing to take the risk :).

IMG_0929.jpeg

The brand / size tag was missing but unfortunately it turned out to be a size 38 which is way too small for me.

I decided to give it the wet stretch treatment which works especially good on unlined jackets that are made from vegetable tanned leather.

As you can see the sleeve pattern isn't all that refined (pant leg sleeves). The arm hole is very narrow and the sleeves are attached at an almost 90 degree angle lol.

IMG_0343.jpeg
IMG_0391.jpeg

Before and after stretching

BF664528-1A6B-49E0-9E1D-44DB3F296708.jpeg

The stretched leather lost some of its color depth so I reconditioned the jacket with clear beeswax based shoe polish to give it back some color and shine.

It's now perfectly wearable although the high armholes do feel slightly uncomfortable. Definitely a T-shirt only fit. I guess that's how they were worn back in the days, more like a shirt than a jacket.

IMG_0898_jpg.jpeg

IMG_0350.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80