Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman ELC B-6 - Have questions, will travel

I want a D-1 one day. I'm going to get one for my Dad too - it's what he wore in the service. That said, the D-1 to me is about the least "sexy" of the cold weather leather (Mil) gear.
The redskin B-6 OTOH is a lovely and somewhat fashionable piece. All in the eye of the beholder I s'pose.

This isn't an ElC ..but here's a pic of my Aero B-6 when purchased about 8 yrs ago..
afb32.jpg
Nice jacket! It used to match your hair! Man, we's gettin' old HD. lol

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
This isn't an ElC
..but here's a pic of my Aero B-6 when purchased about 8 yrs ago..

afb32.jpg

and 4 yrs ago...

100_0744.jpg

The fleece is actually a very nice golden cream color.
HD
Despite what I said about ELClothings 'Redskin' fleece, that one looks and hangs a lot better than the one I tried on looking in a mirror. It's the standard fleece is it not?
If I ever find one , and I have not looked at Aero's yet, I will try to get them to put on side strap adjusters rather than those zips. It's a personal thing but `i think the zips look awful and the straps were featured on originals as well. Well they were on the two I have looked at.

Last edited:

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
I have an Aero B6 and find it an excellent jacket, maybe not as historically accurate as an Eastman whose fleece I found was too thin for my liking and needs, the zip closers although you may not like the look of them, work extremely well in pulling the jacket in and don't make it look look puckered, however if you like the side straps The Few MFG (thefewmfg) make a B6 with side straps, their catalogue photography is also very good!

D

chamboid

One of the Regulars
Damien what's your email I took some pictures of the B-6 in London I mentioned. Price has gone up, buys its on season now.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Was down in Aero today. They have a seal B-6 on a dummy there, and it is beautiful. They also, however, had a redskin B-6 which is stunning - the depth of colour in the leather is amazing. There was a Battle of Britain Irvin there, though, which I could swear was calling my name, inviting me to buy it. Talk about song of the Siren...

Edward

Bartender
Was down in Aero today. They have a seal B-6 on a dummy there, and it is beautiful. They also, however, had a redskin B-6 which is stunning - the depth of colour in the leather is amazing. There was a Battle of Britain Irvin there, though, which I could swear was calling my name, inviting me to buy it. Talk about song of the Siren...

I've never seen a side by side comparison of the Aero B6 with the ELC, although from what I have seen of the Aero USAAF stuff, Aero are close enough for me and my needs as for the difference not to be important enough to pay more for. For me - others' mileage may be different, of course. Their Irvins do let them down a little, though - just something that doesn't look quite right about the shape of the sleeves - too 'tubular' / slim. A design rather than a quality issue, so really up to persoal taste, but I think that might make me pass. I do have an ELC 42 Pattern Irvin which I bought used, and love. Feels much more fragile than my LW B3 (in particular, the arms, which of course lack the horsehide panels), but I've yet to have a mishap with it (and I have taken it out and used it - t has been worn in deepest Winter in the wilds of East London, Belfast, Romania and Beijing with no damage sustained). I'd love one of the new pre-war pattern jackets that Andrew Watland was involved with putting together, but that's out of the budget for a while yet. I definitely do have my eye on an Aero Redskin B6 one day.....

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'm a bit of a fan of narrow sleeves in a jacket - it usually means they come with a higher arm hole and, generally, a trimmer body. The segmented sections of the Irvin and honey coloured fleece were a real winner for me (authenticity be damned!) but the redskin has a beautiful burnished tone, akin to a conker.

Mark-D

New in Town
Damien what's your email I took some pictures of the B-6 in London I mentioned. Price has gone up, buys its on season now.

I am also looking for a good B-6. Did they have several and do you know what sizes they have available? What's the price at the moment? I can not send PM's yet... Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24