Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Leather .50 Cal Collection

thecardigankid

One of the Regulars
With my 25th Birthday approaching I have decided for my gift to myself this year to get an Eastman B-3 and B-2 Cap.

I really like the worn used look of the .50 cal collection.

Has anyone ordered from the .50 Cal collection line or has anyone seen it up close? If so what are your thoughts?

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
I used to have a time-worn Pearl Harbor Eastman A2, which I guess is a little like the 50 cal effect. If someone had described applying a worn look to a new jacket I would think it was a bad idea and could not look that good but I was surprised by how amazing the finish was and would totally recommend it. There are some 50 cal pics on here somewhere.

Here is some detail from my old time-worn.
DSC01377.JPG

DSC01374.JPG

Edward

Bartender
They're nice, but I'm not convinced they're worth the significant upcharge over the non-50 cal version. YMMV, though.

Otter

One Too Many
I had an Eastman B-3 in distressed finnish that was made for a film, not a .50 cal version. From my point of view I am happier with the jacket I have now which is a standard B-3 in broken grain sheepskin. If I was splurging the money then I would buy the Roughwear version and wear the heck out of it!

Edward

Bartender
I had an Eastman B-3 in distressed finnish that was made for a film, not a .50 cal version. From my point of view I am happier with the jacket I have now which is a standard B-3 in broken grain sheepskin. If I was splurging the money then I would buy the Roughwear version and wear the heck out of it!

Yeah, I think if I was going to spend the extra over a house jacket, I'd put it into one of the original maker series rather than pay for the distressing. It's not that I don't like the pre-distressed jackets - I actually think Eastman does it really well, very realistic look to them. Just I'd rather wear them in myself, and save the money.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
In the topic
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?63894-Eastman-B6-Rough-Wear/page5
There are some guides to the standard finish and a Roughwear, I posted a few pics of how the standard sheepskin ages over a 10 year plus period. Different jackets same or similar sheepskin.
I have always worn mine in myself, even wearing them around the house all year just to get a little ageing into them, yes including summer, at night of course and a bit of daytime dozing watching boring TV;) It all adds up.
John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner