Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman New for 2016

Edward

Bartender
Your link just goes to microsoft email signin page?

Interesting to hear they're doing a HH G1.... isn't that one hide the G1 was never issued in? Is it part of the ELMC brandin,g which is less focussed on accuracy to milspec?

Stand By

One Too Many
I got the email too - and the G-1 is simply superb. I'm glad they left the back panel plain as it would make the jacket look cluttered with patches IMO so, as it is, I think they nailed it. It looks fantastic to me.
And the new B-15 in NOS material … wow! I love it!! It just oozes quality.
And the repainted A2 … a bullseye again! And I think it's a fair price for the extra work to make each one look that way. That model looks unique amongst all the A2s out there.
They're 3 for 3 with these new military releases, IMO. Great to see.

Edward

Bartender
Interesting the G1 doesn't carry military labelling - looksl ike it's a 'milspec style for the civilian market' type. Very nice indeed.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice....very expensive....now I mustn't get any silly ideas :)

HPA Rep

Vendor
All look great! We received these today, too, along with our wholesale prices. Undoubtedly, the ELMC J-100 is going to generate the most attention, for which we've had a number of inquiries already, then the ELMC civilian G-1, followed by that Rough Wear B-15A limited edition. Please look for a promotional price on the ELMC J-100 on our affiliate thread in due course.

HPA Rep

Vendor
Our promotional offering of the ELMC J-100 has been outlined in our affiliate thread now. Thank you for your kind consideration.

Peacoat

Bartender
Your link just goes to microsoft email signin page?

Interesting to hear they're doing a HH G1.... isn't that one hide the G1 was never issued in? Is it part of the ELMC brandin,g which is less focussed on accuracy to milspec?
Yes, I believe it was goat for years. Then at some point, maybe in the early 70s, the contract authorized pressed steer (pressed to resemble goat). That is when the quality started to go downhill.

Edward

Bartender
Yes, I believe it was goat for years. Then at some point, maybe in the early 70s, the contract authorized pressed steer (pressed to resemble goat). That is when the quality started to go downhill.

In my experience of most things, once they change one thing to cut cost, it's often a harbinger of a lot of other cuts too...

The horse here looks fantastic, though - I can see why ELC have opted for it. I imagine a lot of customers for this will be in Japan, where there does seem to be more of a market for variations on the milspec stuff.

HPA Rep

Vendor
In my experience of most things, once they change one thing to cut cost, it's often a harbinger of a lot of other cuts too...

The horse here looks fantastic, though - I can see why ELC have opted for it. I imagine a lot of customers for this will be in Japan, where there does seem to be more of a market for variations on the milspec stuff.

I cannot disagree with this reasoning.

Stand By

One Too Many
All look great! We received these today, too, along with our wholesale prices. Undoubtedly, the ELMC J-100 is going to generate the most attention, for which we've had a number of inquiries already, then the ELMC civilian G-1, followed by that Rough Wear B-15A limited edition. Please look for a promotional price on the ELMC J-100 on our affiliate thread in due course.

The B-15 is a limited edition?! Ooh, I missed that.
Oh dear. My wallet just rumbled and gurgled.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
That G-1 does look fantastic and being HH it'll get some really lovely patina going fairly quickly - which is good for those who shy away from goat due to the longer period it takes to get some wear going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats