Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
Rick Blaine: I guess it just shows that people can read anything into an email. As I read it, it just seemed like she was happy for you. I think inferring an unheard tone in the written word can very often lead to mistaken opinions of the writer's intentions.

Anyway...

Nope, she's pissed.:eeek: Gonna wack you for sure!:D However, if she ever finds out who the schmuck is that sold his hat......well, it ain't gonna be pretty!:kick:

.......with tongue firmly in cheek.....

Man, some folks take this stuff real serious!lol Case in point!;)

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
The design of this seller's listings looks exactly like the listings that went under another name on ebay, not too long ago. Can't recall the name. Even the "L@@k!!!" spelling in the headline. Same seller, isn't it?

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Congrats on that one, fedorafiend. Be sure to post some shots when you get it.

(Nice avatar photo, on a side note. I wouldn't have missed that place when I was in Italy, but I was bowled over by the awful "vibe" within. Couldn't leave quickly enough!)

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Hey Fedorafiend it's a nice looking hat good luck with it. I see you are from New Haven. I am in Orange. I just started working a DelMonico Hatter. Stop in and say hi some day.

Jeff

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Well, that was me and I thought I was bidding on a "Whippet". I guess I'll take it anyway. I usually know what I'm buying but lately I have been getting stuck with moth eaten hats. Hopefully, this one won't have issues. Good to see someone else here appreciates it.

Sure it doesn't have the name but a step higher in quality, looks to have a felted edge to the brim and cool colours.

I think you'll be liking it.

fedorafiend

Familiar Face
I'll let you know and hope to post a photo or two...but I still haven't figured out how. I'll have to review one of the tutorials here. By the way, are you anywhere near Tilton, NH? I have family there.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Sensible price for this somewhat usually coloured Whippet yesterday. Not mine.

I'll let you know and hope to post a photo or two...but I still haven't figured out how. I'll have to review one of the tutorials here. By the way, are you anywhere near Tilton, NH? I have family there.

We are in Nashua, about an hour from Tilton.

Last edited:

scottdjones

New in Town
G.A. Dunn and Co Brown Bowler

I bought this last week on eBay. I paid a little more than I intended, but I wasn't sure when a brown derby in my size would come up again. I'm just waiting on delivery.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251101382054

I bought a black Churchill Ltd Bowler a while back as well. Now if I can just find one in a gray or silverbelly color I will be set!

Last edited:

scottdjones

New in Town
Also, I lost out at the last minute on this one back on the 9th. I thought this was a great deal for a Christy bowler and a Resistol "San Antonio". The bowler had a a small tear in the curl on the brim in the back but I thought it would still make a nice goofing around hat. Plus, my wife thought she would really like me in the "LBJ" hat.

I guess it just wasn't to be.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110908911837?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

RBH

Bartender
I watched this one with alot of intrest.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150858794388?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

83945470.jpg

It was the pin that went on a Dobbs Field and Stream fedora.

tgyfwa4sd3lb0r.jpg

Maybe someone knew what they were bidding on for it to go so high.

Also maybe Robert has better scan of the ad so we can see the pin better.

Lord Henry

New in Town
I guess we now know the answer to the question, "Who is John Galt". Shame on you for getting that ID before I did... Love it.

So far my interest in straw hats is tiny, I have seen a couple that were nice looking, but I'm concerned about them getting wet. New Orleans is essentially a "tropical" climate.

davers

New in Town
Hey gang! After lurking for a few years, I've finally joined up! While perusing ebay, I found this interesting seller description of a Borsalino Rodolfo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Borsalino-Rodolfo-Fedora-Hat-Borsalino-Challenge-/180934558222?pt=US_Hats&hash=item2a208a420e#ht_688wt_1396

Is what he says true? I can't imagine he's going to sell many hats with that attitude..

Oh, and I bought my first hat from Henry the Hatter in Detroit this past weekend. It's a Bailey crush straw hat in natural. I think this is the start of something wonderful! :D

Dave

Lord Henry

New in Town
Hey gang! After lurking for a few years, I've finally joined up! While perusing ebay, I found this interesting seller description of a Borsalino Rodolfo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Borsalino-Rodolfo-Fedora-Hat-Borsalino-Challenge-/180934558222?pt=US_Hats&hash=item2a208a420e#ht_688wt_1396

Is what he says true? I can't imagine he's going to sell many hats with that attitude..

Oh, and I bought my first hat from Henry the Hatter in Detroit this past weekend. It's a Bailey crush straw hat in natural. I think this is the start of something wonderful! :D

Dave

From what I can tell, he is like the "Voldemort" of The Fedora Lounge. There apparently is some history and hard feelings, and he is the one whose name musn't be spoken (on the board). Partly, for that type of reason that you see in the ebay listing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou