Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looks like a bidding war was taking place between you and HatsEnough, Alan.
Any sniper that may have been out and about clearly had their attention elsewhere.

Good term paper for a "man of many hats"

facade

A-List Customer

fashion frank

One Too Many
Just won this Stetson 100 :eusa_clap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Stetson-100-One-Hundred-Fedora-Hat-w-Original-Box-Charcoal-Gray-7-1-8-/261166752568?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=e1nuQGOH6VeZIOHBo4%252BjXAOzb5E%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Its the only one I've seen that's not an Open Road clone. Needless to say, I'm super-psyched. Surprisingly, I didn't even have to face very stiff snipe competition.

Wow what was that hat stored in a time capsule ? It looks pristine !

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

fashion frank

One Too Many
Okay, here is another one I have my eye on. I'm going to a "red carpet event" for a film festival in a few weeks and Lord knows I have enough hats to choose from for the occasion but I have been eyeing this one and thinking how it would be good for the event. This hat would look sharp with some full legged black wool pants and a pink cashmere shawl-type sweater that I have. I have done a lot of business with the seller in the past and I had a question about the hat and depending on how she answers I think I will be buying it. It is only $125 which I feel is reasonable:

il_fullxfull_zps9536e5f9.jpg

I think that would be smashing for the red carpet runway , ,heck if it's a film festival and if your going to be dressed as
you say ,that would look awesome I.M.H.O.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
Thank you kindly, I saw that Stratton you posted earlier. That was in my watch list in the same time as this one but I slept through the end of the auction, as I'm in the habit of. I was happy to see it ended up with someone here and I at least got see some pictures of it looking great in the wild.

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
I posted a few pages back that I had bought a job-lot (25+) of hats off Ebay.... most were complete junk, fit for the bin only, but there were three very nice hats, and about five more that need a good clean and reshape, which will go back on Ebay at some point.

The nicest is way too small for me, but fits my young son very nicely, so he has a super looking lid :)

I have two that I'm very pleased with, though one needed some minor moth damage repair, which I managed to do based on an old thread right here.

These are nothing compared to some of the wonderful hats shown here, but they make an okay start to a collection... most seem to be by Samisch or Favorit, and are of German origin [?]... the felts feel very nice, but I do not know what they are; better than my new wool hats, that is for sure.
82348142.jpg

87178667.jpg

Last edited:

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
I posted a few pages back that I had bought a job-lot (25+) of hats off Ebay.... most were complete junk, fit for the bin only, but there were three very nice hats, and about five more that need a good clean and reshape, which will go back on Ebay at some point.

The nicest is way too small for me, but fits my young son very nicely, so he has a super looking lid :)

I have two that I'm very pleased with, though one needed some minor moth damage repair, which I managed to do based on an old thread right here.

These are nothing compared to some of the wonderful hats shown here, but they make an okay start to a collection... most seem to be by Samisch or Favorit, and are of German origin [?]... the felts feel very nice, but I do not know what they are; better than my new wool hats, that is for sure.
82348142.jpg

87178667.jpg

Thought I'd seen them before, this is the link for the German hat thread really knowledgeable guys on therehttp://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?32103-German-amp-Austrian-Hutmachers Glad there were at least a couple you liked

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Thought I'd seen them before, this is the link for the German hat thread really knowledgeable guys on therehttp://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?32103-German-amp-Austrian-Hutmachers Glad there were at least a couple you liked

Hey, good to see you here, and thanks for the link :)

I thought it was quite a punt, and hoped I would get three good ones, which I did, even if my son got the nicest :( .... and I have to say your description was 100% correct and honest; no complaints here :)

Maybe, I'll get a fine vintage one off you, if you get one... I'm jealous of all the nice ones across the pond :eek:

There was also this Mallory plastic felt. > MalloryPlastic

Unless you were including that one in the three.

B

Cool - don't remember that one. The Mallory looks like the same hat with grosgrain ribbon. Can't see the tip liner closely enough - is it post 1946? Curious about the Stetson. The sweat looks like the thin lightweight leather from the early 1940s. And the size tag - LO style but without "long oval" imprint?

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Thank you kindly, I saw that Stratton you posted earlier. That was in my watch list in the same time as this one but I slept through the end of the auction, as I'm in the habit of. I was happy to see it ended up with someone here and I at least got see some pictures of it looking great in the wild.

Sounds like you need to sign up for a sniping service. That way you wouldn't have to worry about missing the auction because you wanted your 40 winks.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael