Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Sprinkles

One of the Regulars
That was a nice looking hat! I was watching that one as well. My primary search at the moment is for a nice 7 1/8 boater or grey fedora...and I'm poor so it's a tough search hehe...

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I came in second place for both. I wonder what their maximum was. I couldn't afford much more, or I would have taken them up even higher. Alas...

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I see that you raised your maximum on the later-ending hat. One of the things that I've learned from watching auctions is that, if there are two similar items that end within a short time of each other, it's better to bid as high as you're willing to go on the first. Those who lose the first always bid the second item even higher.

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
As soon as I saw both of those I knew there was no way that auction was ending under $200. Theres a seller with a handful of stetsons who describes himself as not being a Hat guru. I wonder how surprised he'll be when he ends selling like $600 in hats in 5 days.

Fun to see hats from Jacobi Bros. They were around into the late 1980s. Donna once bought a fedora for me from Jacobi.

I hope the spot on the thin ribbon Vita is schmutz and not a meurth hole.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Love the colors on that one Lefty.
$(KGrHqRHJBIFEUG7N)T9BRG86vF)e!~~60_57.JPG

Ah to be a 7 1/4

I picked up this tiny C. G. Wilke gray Velour on the cheap. C. G. Wilke was one the largest hat factories in the world prior to WWII but I don't believe they exported under their own name. This is the first soft felt C. G. Wilke I have ever encountered. Probably 1930s. Bad photos and mishaped but....

8487944581_7dfc714bae_o.jpg

8487943135_1dc5333883_o.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy