Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

barrowjh

One Too Many
Michaelshane, great decision. I would never have thought that a 6 7/8ths could be resized 3 whole sizes larger and look that good, but that does illustrate what can be done when you sacrifice the sweatband for a re-blocking. Now you have a Stetson 100 quality felt arguably worth $1,000 or more for only $160, and it appears to be good as new. Beautiful felt, beautiful hat!!

fashion frank

One Too Many
This was a 6-7/8 Stetson 100.I bought it for a very low price because it was so small.I sent it to Optimo.It is now a 7-1/4.
P1060199.jpg

Wow I am a 6 7/8 but I must have missed that one .
I was really intrigued by how much you were able to "bump it up " to that size, I would think that you would not be able
to stretch it out that much without tearing it somehow.

Good luck to you on a nice score.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Optimo did a nice job on it ,I just didn't think it was possible to do 3 sizes without distorting the shape of the crown. Looks good on you.

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Wow I am a 6 7/8 but I must have missed that one .
I was really intrigued by how much you were able to "bump it up " to that size, I would think that you would not be able
to stretch it out that much without tearing it somehow.

Good luck to you on a nice score.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Shhhh! You don't want that secret to get out because otherwise you will have more competition on your snipes by the bigger headed guys who now know they can stretch hats in your size to accommodate their larger noggins!:D

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Me too, but

I already have more hats than I will need for the rest of my life.If I never got another I wouldn't mind at all.
graycordfedora1_zpsf38aa552.jpg
greycordfedora_zps54dd193f.jpg
grayclothfedoraint_zpsd4757b3b.jpg

but I just got this oddball. I hope it is or can again be a 7 3/8...looks rather corduroy like, but upon inspection of the interior, maybe hbt.
I hope it will be good for springtime wear, definitely a mid century working class type lid. I like the gray and the fabric construction. Unusual. [huh]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy