Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Way to go, Ole, welcome to the club! Next, you'll be collecting the Edward Penfield C&K ads from 1906-1910. lol

Thank you Brad, but I'm pretty sure, I will have to sit on my trigger-finger for a while. I had just won The Gallant and announced my triumph here, when The Harwood was listed for auction. That is one of the two I have, that are cropped to the image - and that I would like to replace. I have to be firm and remind myself of my decision. A dirty job, but somebody's got to do it! My US-trip has top priority right now ;)

Your list is a great tool for other, infected with this wonderful germ. A graphic catalog on the ads would be even more fantastic! This community is extremely fortunate to have historians like you. Your help and work is deeply appreciated!

That's great Olė! I have an old C&K that I believe is period appropriate. I'll send you photos. Maybe you can help me identify the model.

Thanks, John. I am absolutely no C&K expert, but to me it could look like The Gamebird(?) The overwelt, brim width, crown size and ribbon look right, but I think they made more models than the ones in the ad series. Maybe Brad have a more qualified guess. In any case, indeed a wonderful hat. To find such a gem I would prioritize much higher than expanding my collection of ads. Congratulations :)

PS: Well, a lot happened while I fetched that cup of coffee and wrote my post :D

John Galt

Vendor
Justin, I have straight sided blocks from 6 3/4 to 7 3/4, I am sure it's close enough ;-). I'll keep you posted. This one will be a labor of love, so I'm not going to rush it...

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Well, I could use a 7 3/4 too, John. That would make it impossible for me to see the mirror. According to quantum physics, the fit is dependant on whether I look in the mirror or not (I think!) ... "Schrödinger's Cat", you know. You may call this "The New Copenhagen Interpretation" lol

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Schrödinger's Hat? :)

Well, I could use a 7 3/4 too, John. That would make it impossible for me to see the mirror. According to quantum physics, the fit is dependant on whether I look in the mirror or not (I think!) ... "Schrödinger's Cat", you know. You may call this "The New Copenhagen Interpretation" lol

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
It's a fact, that the larve is to blame for divots in hats - not the moth itself. Hmmm ... larve- or wormhole ... does that mean, I can travel back in time and buy myself some nice 20s and 30s hats, if I dive into one? This is getting really interesting lol :focus:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael