Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
is it me or are random hats going for bananas prices right now ?

some hats I'm watching that would have barely been bid on a few months ago or a year ago are up to like 3 bills with time left on the clock

what's going on ?

What some foreign shops do is create fake users so they are essentially bidding on their own stuff to drive up the prices. It's a nasty trick. I've seen shops that do this get shut down, probably over complaints, but I don't know if there's anything stopping the owners from attempting the same crap by opening up another shop under a new name.

That being said -- this could be what some of the shops are doing with their less-than-spectacular hats...

Just got this beauty.....a Stetson...BROWN..............possibly 1940's......more information posted under "Homburg Nation".
Cheers,
M
20161210_084911.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Need a noggin shot, how does it look on you? I would live in the hat!
I will try.....I am one of those heavy set self awair types when it comes to photographs.........they really do add extra to my already considerable figure........
Interestingly in real life I get a LOT of positive comments on my dress. I am often in a sportcoat or suit with a bowtie and of course an appropriate hat!!! Also of note, many of said comments come from women (including my wife, who is very awair of the others). They seem to like the nostalgia of the days when there were more "real men" around.....as they put it.
Cheers,
M

I will try.....I am one of those heavy set self awair types when it comes to photographs.........they really do add extra to my already considerable figure........
Interestingly in real life I get a LOT of positive comments on my dress. I am often in a sportcoat or suit with a bowtie and of course an appropriate hat!!! Also of note, many of said comments come from women (including my wife, who is very awair of the others). They seem to like the nostalgia of the days when there were more "real men" around.....as they put it.
Cheers,
M

Don't care. Want head shot. [emoji4]

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Cheers,
M
We accept all and love all here.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
be aware of scam artists .... like the one with a Whippet up on eBay right now

he has a habit of replacing parts on hats and conveniently not mentioning it in his description ... has happened quite a few times ... and still demands top dollar

he is a member here

I won't blow up his spot too much right now ... even though he was a complete jerk when I nicely inquired about it privately minutes ago ... like a complete defensive child

just don't want some of you less experienced guys to see a nice Whippet and get scammed by this guy not knowing about the replaced parts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner