Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
be aware of scam artists .... like the one with a Whippet up on eBay right now

he has a habit of replacing parts on hats and conveniently not mentioning it in his description ... has happened quite a few times ... and still demands top dollar

he is a member here

I won't blow up his spot too much right now ... even though he was a complete jerk when I nicely inquired about it privately minutes ago ... like a complete defensive child

just don't want some of you less experienced guys to see a nice Whippet and get scammed by this guy not knowing about the replaced parts
Looking closer at the listing, it's a "Whippet style"...not even a Whippet.
And to be fair, the same seller has the same hat on etsy with the replaced sweat disclosed. Dunno if this was listed before or after your convo.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Looking closer at the listing, it's a "Whippet style"...not even a Whippet.
And to be fair, the same seller has the same hat on etsy with the replaced sweat disclosed. Dunno if this was listed before or after your convo.
he changed the entire listing after our little back and forth ... title and description

Bertie.Wooster

One of the Regulars
I picked up the Stetson Medalist, which was in mint condition for 77USD plus free expedited shipping.
It was me that forgot to bid on a Stetson Regis Homburg for Pops but another one will come......

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
he changed the entire listing after our little back and forth ... title and description

Moon, you sir are the jerk with your accusatory remarks . As I told you on eBay you can take a hike . I am not interested in selling anything to you ever since the first time you contacted me long ago pleading with me to sell a hat to you at your price and telling me it was a good deal for me . I did t like how you imposed your attitude on me then and I like you even less now with your latest attacks.
Your slander and defamation of my character is unfounded and there are plenty of Loungers here that have known me and what I do here for the past 8 or so years. Long before you were around.
As I said in response to your accusations over on ebay towards me you can still piss off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Moon, you sir are the jerk with your accusatory remarks . As I told you on eBay you can take a hike . I am not interested in selling anything to you ever since the first time you contacted me long ago pleading with me to sell a hat to you at your price and telling me it was a good deal for me . I did t like how you imposed your attitude on me then and I like you even less now with your latest attacks.
Your slander and defamation of my character is unfounded and there are plenty of Loungers here that have known me and what I do here for the past 8 or so years. Long before you were around.
As I said in response to your accusations over on ebay towards me you can still piss off.

Always a lively discussion here on The Lounge.

Always a lively discussion here on The Lounge.
Homer bushes.gif

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

you see this folks ... ^^^ this is what I'm dealing with here

here is the message I sent him

" why no mention of the replaced parts in the description ?"

this is the "attack" and the "slander" we are discussing here

can't make this stuff up

to which he responded telling me to piss off and calling me the "fedora police"

then my second PM was as follows

"you don't think it is fair to mention that there are parts that are not original ?

then you get defensive about it ?

how about using a little honesty ... it goes a long way"

to which he responded defensively again calling telling me to piss off

this guy is a real winner ..

sounds like a brutal attack huh?

anyway ... his hats commonly have replaced parts which he tried to play off as original ...

my original post still stands ... and I have had many conversations with well respected members here in person who know all about this guys antics and agree

see what happens when you expose people ?

you get the post I quoted

this guy is a fraud and a scam artist ...

truth hurts huh Scott ?

funny thing is a little bit of honesty could have avoided all of this ... a little lesson for the kids

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner