Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just picked up fer fiddy dollahs.
Very stark. Has little to say. No nonsense liner and sweat... "just the facts, Ma'am." Stetson No.1 Quality

s-l1600-3_zps74tzuv9i.jpg

...how old, do you think?

Moon, you sir are the jerk with your accusatory remarks . As I told you on eBay you can take a hike . I am not interested in selling anything to you ever since the first time you contacted me long ago pleading with me to sell a hat to you at your price and telling me it was a good deal for me . I did t like how you imposed your attitude on me then and I like you even less now with your latest attacks.
Your slander and defamation of my character is unfounded and there are plenty of Loungers here that have known me and what I do here for the past 8 or so years. Long before you were around.
As I said in response to your accusations over on ebay towards me you can still piss off.
Wow, Scott, I have some private messages in my box, from when he attacked you through me and he used my thread too . IN those responses, I support you Scott. Where this same person has a whole new outlook on you, WHERE HE SAID MY WORDS CHANGED HIS VIEW OF YOU. I did this because of a polite rip, I had given him for hyjacking my thread one time, when you and I did a barter. He posted that barter hat you were selling to my thread to make me look like a "jerk". I addressed it there on the thread, and in a private message. He was apologetic. Said I moved up on his list too because of my obvious passion, and I was next for some business. HE HAD A NEW OUTLOOK ON YOU THEN. But he called you "my boy" I took great offense to that. I told him in this cut throat world of hat making you Scott, and you alone, came to my Aide, and helped me learn. And as far as words, value, and people being true to word. I've seen none of that from him toward me. He badmouthed you big time buddy, I politely put him into a corner. He is wrong to speak out against you, heck he told me he learned forgivness. HE HAS A BAD MEMORY. Some people, talk from both sides of the mouth. I'm not being disrespectful. Just honest. You helped me tremendously Scott. If that lost me a sale, I don't care!

And for those who buy vintage hats ask questions, these hats are around a long time. Ask what you are buying, ask if it was refurbished. I don't speak for Scott. I SPEAK FOR MYSELF AND BECAUSE OF A VERY DIS-TASTEFUL TACTICS OF MOON, AND how he plays, this KAT is WEIGHING IN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
yup ... those are 100% my words after being told to piss off

I would never do business with you since I got that Knox that you swore was all original ... which is not ...

Trying to help others especially those who may not recognize when things aren't original... especially when it is conveniently left out of the description

shut my mouth ? ...

you're a funny guy ... proof that the truth is very painful

I'm done with this place .... cats like this can really ruin a good thing

see you guys around

Why do you mess with people Moon?

Are you really leaving because you got scolded again.

I got some proof here too, you should play nice. Bartenders why do you let this crap go on. I honestly wonder about a lot on this forum.

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Why do you mess with people Moon?

Are you really leaving because you got scolded again.

I got some proof here too, you should play nice. Bartenders why do you let this crap go on. I honestly wonder about a lot on this forum.

Proof ?

Please enlighten us all

And no one got scolded ... Scott got exposed

Nothing more nothing less

all of this could have been avoided if he answered my original private question honestly without being a jerk ... it's pretty simple to see what's going on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
to add ... I was ready to put my emotions aside and peace up ... I even sent Scott a message offering peace ... but then I saw the "faggot" comment that I screen shotted here ... and yeah ... that peace offering kinda died there in my eyes

just the fact that the word is on the tip of his tongue and so readily available to use should tell you a whole lot about the person ... I rest my case on that

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
This thread is about ebay "GRIPES" as well as other "items of interest."
Being a member of the lounge does not exempt an ebay vendor from being "griped" about in this thread. Im not interested in the whole backstory of past and prior personal or business history.
The OP made members aware of alleged misleading ebay listing that was brought to the vendors attention. Subsequently stating the misleading listing was corrected by the vendor. Those are the facts that are important to me. I considered the OP a public sevice.
There were no personal names mentioned in the OP and I had no knowledge of the vendors name until the vendor personally replied to the OP. It went dowhill from that point on...

As we say down South, "I have no dog in this fight" but clearly this became a much more personal issue than I ever would have thought. I've taken no joy from reading the posts but it reached 'train wreck proportions' and I couldn't look away. I've had personal communications with all three primary parties here and never had a problem. As one who has had professional training in conflict resolution, one of the first things you learn is sometimes there is no resolution. At that point the parties either move on and learn to live with their differences or in my profession, somebody's butt is going to jail.

This should have stopped before it ever reached this point. I've read dozens of listings by the seller the OP referred to and never noticed a problem. I've done business with him and never had an issue and will continue to do business with him, but that's just me. In my mind, issues of this sort should ALWAYS be dealt with privately. I hope this is the end of it and if it's not, I suspect there will be some Bartender intervention.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner