Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
so ... even if mine were not the cheaper of the two, I would still find this laughable:
XXBua5Q.jpg

bwlqtac.jpg

I would want one but not at that price.
Yes that price is something......I actually have a very simular hat.....nice reverse taper, bound edge, but flat brim. It has a nice wet long hair beaver finish. I like the general style but never cared for the brim being swept up on the sides in the "pale rider" hat. I am not sure I have seen period photo's or illustrations with those hats wore like that....though they did strange things with hats in the 1820's and 30's.....but the Pale Rider movie was supposed to be much later.......
M

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Yes that price is something......I actually have a very simular hat.....nice reverse taper, bound edge, but flat brim. It has a nice wet long hair beaver finish. I like the general style but never cared for the brim being swept up on the sides in the "pale rider" hat. I am not sure I have seen period photo's or illustrations with those hats wore like that....though they did strange things with hats in the 1820's and 30's.....but the Pale Rider movie was supposed to be much later.......
M
I'm not after a prop/movie copy so a flat brim wouldn't stop me.
The reverse tapper, flat top and a 4" brim (too suspicious?) is what I'm after.

DanO

One of the Regulars
Baahahahahahaha....some moron just paid $338 for a 3X OR....LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272812264839?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

I paid $170 for my 7X CB Open Road just a couple weeks ago. I find that hilarious!!!!! :)
I really don't care. It's still hilarious. :) (That someone paid almost twice as much for a 3X as I did for a 7X CB, yes.)

Did you ever consider that maybe the inscription in the sweatband may hold a value to the purchaser, maybe it was his Father, Grandfather.
Years ago I lost (on Ebay) a WW2 diary from a man who served with my father right now I would pay any amount of money to have it.

25B

Suspended
Did you ever consider that maybe the inscription in the sweatband may hold a value to the purchaser, maybe it was his Father, Grandfather.

Oh. Ok. Sure. Yeah -- I'm really sure that's what happened there.

I'd bet the person just has more money than sense and just went, "OOOO -- OPEN ROAD HAT -- I'M GONNA BID $800 FOR IT!!!!!" so they could make sure they could have it. I think my scenario is a lot more likely than yours, but again...I really don't care and the reason doesn't matter. I just think it's funny it sold for that much. I find it even more funny that so many people are apparently personally offended by something so innocuous that I find humorous. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran