Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Inusuit

A-List Customer
!BS(t7)QBmk~$(KGrHgoH-EYEjlLl2qfnBKC0TNZcow~~_12.JPG
!BS(t-WQ!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLluzl+BKC0Tbu9Ww~~_12.JPG

This one arrived today. Fits about right even though my normal size is 7 1/2 LO and it's marked 5/8 LO. Very clean inside and out, no sign of having been worn. Brim needs a little work. Felt is not the quality of my three Stetsons marked 3X, but is much softer than the current run of Stetson Westerns. Sweat is a little dry and also not of the quality found in my OR 3X of about the same vintage. The open crown is flexible enough to be shaped by hand, although I will probably use gtd's distilled water idea when I decide on a crease. Maybe an Oreana?

Thanks to Loungers who weighed in with information on this hat. My education continues at the hands of experts.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Old Open Road

I thought for sure this one would go much higher. The seller gave me some very unreassuring answers to my questions, so I avoided. I hope it turns out good for someone.

Very Old Stetson

!BS8M8)!Bmk~$(KGrHgoOKkMEjlLmT(phBKFw)tEb8g~~_12.JPG

!BS7uZyw!mk~$(KGrHgoH-DsEjlLl1JwPBKFvC!qIQg~~_12.JPG

Chinaski

One Too Many
ScottF, it would be fun to know the condition of that old Open Road - pretty hard to tell from the pictures! Did a Lounger win that one? How common are Open Roads in colors other than silverbelly?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Just to be clear -- that lid is a Stetson No. 1 Quality (and a beauty!), but it is not an Open Road.

Cheers,
JtL

I was about to write a similar thing. But that sure looks like a forerunner, doesn't it? It's a lot like one of my No. 1s (in burgundy as well, with the same ribbon) but mine has a raw brim edge.

My other old No. 1 western is in that deep teal green color. That one has the edge binding and ribbon style of the hat shown above.

Seems gutsy colors were in back then.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
I
My other old No. 1 western is in that deep teal green color. That one has the edge binding and ribbon style of the hat shown above.

Oh, I remember that one, my friend...:)

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred