Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Chinaski

One Too Many
Lefty, that Mallory Nokabout's a beauty...definitely some wear, but $36.30.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270407628872

276301999_o.jpg

4and1

One of the Regulars
tinmanzzz said:
Just picked this up yesterday.

Not much info on the maker, English ???
Can anyone fill in the blanks ?????
Beter pics when it arrives

Tinman, I have a McAndrew Beaver Twentyfive and am very impressed with the quality.

It is an English maker and therefore likely a size larger than a US 7 1/2. If you are alright with the size difference you will be happy. Nice score!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Knox Twenty

This one arrived yesterday morning. I cleaned it up and wore it all day. It was a much nicer color than the ebay pics, and flawless except for dusty.

ebay Knox Twenty

Knox20TanUnb.jpg

Knox20TanFront.jpg

Knox20TanSidejpg.jpg

Knox20TanTop.jpg

Knox20TanLiner.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
This one arrived yesterday morning. I cleaned it up and wore it all day. It was a much nicer color than the ebay pics, and flawless except for dusty.

WOW :eusa_clap

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
Nice, Scott. I saw that one but wondered about the ribbon color. Looks orangish or rust?

Thanks guys. It's rust and the color is a little more taup-ish than my pics. The ebay pics were much more colorful and bright than the actual hat. It fits exactly like my other Knox twenty 7 1/4, but the felt on this one is a little stiffer. Still, as close to a 'holy grail' hat as I've found.

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
Stetson 100...

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=230349304603

Just won the auction for this Stetson 100.

I wonder about the age of the hat. Any ideas about that are welcome! The (square) size tag seems to indicate that it is not that old. But it does come in an old oval carton box, instead of the fancy cases other 100's are equipped with.

Now I keep my fingers crossed that it will fit. Smaller 7 1/4 LO hats fit best on my head. Hopefully, this 7 1/8 LO is just a bit on the larger side...

Mario said:
I just won this nice Wegener Colonel for 5.00 € (~$7.00) in black. 4 3/8 crown, 2" brim. No idea about its age.

[/CENTER]

Nice Wegener. My guess is the 1970s. In my opinion Wegener makes some of the highest quality modern factory hats. The company goes back to 190 years. From what I can remember you have a couple of Wegener made Resistols.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
Nice Wegener. My guess is the 1970s. In my opinion Wegener makes some of the highest quality modern factory hats. The company goes back to 190 years. From what I can remember you have a couple of Wegener made Resistols.

Yes, that's right. Two Wegener-made Resistols from the 1960s - and I really love the black one, even though the sweatband has become so brittle that I will have to replace it.

I'll post images of the Wegener Colonel in the German & Austrian Hutmachers thread as soon as it has arrived. A few days ago, I found another Wegener Colonel, but this one looked quite different, as it sported a much wider brim and a pretty thin ribbon, which was of the same color as the hat's body (a beautiful medium gray). Sadly, this one was already sold... :(

Ok, I just have to fess up: I really love European hats - and I also strongly believe that most of the European hatters (and here especially the German and Austrian ones) are hugely underrated. Well...good for us! :D

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
underbidder again - 1940's Royal Deluxe

The private bidder has moved down to 7 1/4. I'm thinking my hat collection is going to have to be stable for a while.

This one has stamping on the front part of the sweatband...could be special.

1940's Royal Deluxe

277691902_tp.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred