Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
knox 15
knox.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230348682989
is it me or have the nicer hat been going up price over the past couple months? must be the buying power of the lounge

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
jonbuilder said:
knox 15
knox.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230348682989
is it me or have the nicer hat been going up price over the past couple months? must be the buying power of the lounge

Nice Knox? Did you win this one?

The great thing about the Office of Price Stabilization tags is that you can date the hat from January 1951 to February 1953.

I hear you on the price of hats. Most of the ones that I watch have gone for large figures. Heck, I've been trying to get a dirt-cheap '20s or so derby to reverse engineer, but no matter the size, and even if they have damage, they don't come as cheap as I'd like.

Brad

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jonbuilder said:
knox 15
knox.jpg

That's a twenty and it's mine, all mine :)

I acquired a Knox twenty 7 1/4 a month ago, same Cavanagh edge, same approximate age, and it felt, fit and looked so good, that I was prepared to pay way too much for this one. I'm lucky no one bid me up higher.

Compared to the 'novelty' Stetson's, I don't think the price on this one was that high.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
Nice, Scott. How did I miss that one?

Hi Bob. It was in a weird category. But I thought you were a Borso man now? :) We need to see a picture of you in your new green one - I'm still smarting over losing that one, but at least it went to someone who could appreciate it.

I got my Playboy and Borsalino sweats in the mail today from Optimo - hope that means the hats are right behind them!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScottF said:
I got my Playboy and Borsalino sweats in the mail today from Optimo - hope that means the hats are right behind them!

My green Borso is at Optimo too and I got a sweat in the mail today. I tried to talk them into keeping the original sweat in the hat, but they insisted it needed to be replaced. Truth is, it probably did. When it gets back I'll be sure to post a pic of it over my bald spot. lol

Those Borso's are nice, nice hats. The felt is unbelievable. I'm still shopping for a gray one. But they aren't the ONLY hats, right?

I really need to get up to Optimo one of these days. They're only a couple of hours from me, and I think I need one of their hats for my family.

buler

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
That's a twenty and it's mine, all mine :)

I acquired a Knox twenty 7 1/4 a month ago, same Cavanagh edge, same approximate age, and it felt, fit and looked so good, that I was prepared to pay way too much for this one. I'm lucky no one bid me up higher.

Compared to the 'novelty' Stetson's, I don't think the price on this one was that high.

ScottF, thats one outstanding hat! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

B

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
I hope somewhere here got this deal. I had to go somewhere tonight and forgot about it. Really need a sniper program.

crofut&knapp

B

Wow, that went a lot cheaper than I expected it to! I figured it would go over $50, at least.

It was newer than I collect, otherwise I would have been bidding on it.

Brad

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
buler said:
I hope somewhere here got this deal. I had to go somewhere tonight and forgot about it. Really need a sniper program.

crofut&knapp

B

You already have a set of wheels and a good nose for knowing which antique stores to visit - I think you're set!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters