Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Michaelshane

One Too Many
ScottF said:
My heads halfway between 7 1/4 and 7 3/8 - I'm finding I have to buy 3-4 hats off ebay to find a single 'keeper'.

I really wanted to buy a Panizza off the RMR website, but I would have to buy a 58 and a 59, then sell the one that didn't fit.

Anyone else have this problem?
I do that with 7-1/8 and 7-1/4...I'm right in between.

Inusuit

A-List Customer
I snagged this one...

Lefty said:
7XCB OR, 7 1/2 I through out $220 at the end, but should have gone higher. I can't believe that a hat this great would go for less than $300 - even in the shape that it's in. Perfect, it's easily a $500 hat.
!BT9YCWQ!mk~$(KGrHgoOKjoEjlLm(,tvBKLGoG2,Vw~~_1.JPG
!BT9Y)fQ!2k~$(KGrHgoOKkMEjlLmV,uSBKLGq8k6Zg~~_1.JPG
!BT9Yfw!CGk~$(KGrHgoOKjQEjlLmQu1cBKLGp2bgZQ~~_1.JPG

My snipe was significantly higher than the final price. I am a bit concerned about the size. The seller originally measured the hat at 22 1/2, but changed it to 23 1/2 after an inquiry. I'm hoping the spots and scuffs will clean up with brushing/steam/hat sponge. If not, I'm willing to do a professional clean and reblock, especially if the size needs a tweak. This is basically my hat holy grail. I had not seen a 7X OR in my size before I stumbled on this one.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Congrats. Even if you can't make it perfect, I'm sure you'll find it to be amazing. :eusa_clap

I think that the last CB in 7 1/2 was around 6 months ago, pristine, and about $500.

Mario let me know about this one. Thanks! It wasn't his size but luckily was mine (59cm). 39 euro including shipping. This is a very rare one.

1953 Wegener

!BT5EMBw!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CQEkJwwr(3WBKK4tMbbMQ~~_1.JPG

!BT5Eb+!!mk~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw1zHMKBKK4uuLOnw~~_1.JPG

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mayserwegener said:
Also won this black Hückel Homburg and original velvet lined case for 20.50 euro + shipping. I am taking a slight risk with this one since it is 58cm.
You're joking? The case is worth a lot more than that.
I look forward to pictures of the interior.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
No joke. I will post pictures once it arrives.

Ha, I was also tempted to bid :) Once you post the pictures, I will ad some of the Hückel Mercur. A comparison will be interesting!

By the way, just got a Hückel Super-Sport, black long hair felt with green thin ribbon. It was originally sold through a hatter in Stuttgert and made it´s way to California to finally end up back in Germnay. Pictures to follow.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
Mario let me know about this one. Thanks! It wasn't his size but luckily was mine (59cm). 39 euro including shipping. This is a very rare one.

1953 Wegener

!BT5EMBw!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CQEkJwwr(3WBKK4tMbbMQ~~_1.JPG

!BT5Eb+!!mk~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw1zHMKBKK4uuLOnw~~_1.JPG

I'm so glad that you scored this one. The moment I saw this hat (and the size...) I had to think of you. And even though this is a German hat, you won't find many of this class on the German bay. Congrats! :eusa_clap :D

innisart

New in Town
$20 Well Spent

I bid on a lot of three hats which opened at $19.49. I was the only bidder, so I got the group at the starting price. The first two hats were garbage, and I knew that going into the bidding. The third hat was listed as a "Dodds, 7 1/2, so I took a chance. What a received was a beautiful Dobbs 5th Avenue in a sable brown, size 7 1/2 Long Oval. Could be my new favorite hat!

showimage.aspx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou