Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
Not 60s but 80s

Ah Jimmy, you are right.:eusa_clap

I did not have a look at the auction page when I wrote my previous message. The liner is from the 80s or later. Even in the 70s, Borsalino used a different liner ...in so far as any hat was produced and sold, back then :eusa_doh:

Borsalinos roughly dating from the 90s, however, mostly have a rectangular adhesive sticker with the size on the sweatband. And, as far as I know, they do not any longer have the line on the sweat.

jimmy the lid said:
I agree. I think the earliest on that one would be late 80's, based on the liner, the sweat and the size tag.

Cheers,
JtL

I was watching that one but bidding on the 100 by same seller that Jimmy got. VERY nice price Anj! Hope it turns out as nice as it could.
I already have 2 25's & they are the cream of my crop...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Ande1964 said:
I'm hopeful about this one. I can't afford to chase the mint beauties... I have to go after these fixer-uppers. ;)

I'm not familiar with this liner. I'll have to do some research. Looks like it might be '50s, as the seller thought.

!BU-olO!!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKj4EjlLmZqN)BKQO7LJJ)g~~_1.JPG
!BU-om5wBmk~$(KGrHgoOKiQEjlLmZ!24BKQO7RuD2!~~_1.JPG

Anj

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Nice-looking hat. Early '40s?

I finally found a large stash of beautiful 1940's hats while out on a walk - Several had this look to them, and a similar sweatband stitch. Can you imagine - passing a window and seeing 6-7 beautiful brown fedoras hanging on a hat rack, all with brim binding, most with wind cords, all bashed beautifully? You gotta figure at least one is 7 1/4 or larger ...but no - every last one of them was a 7 or 7 1/8.

hatted said:
I saw this last night before it was sold, and until I read the fine print I thought it was black (blasted fine print:rage: ). Did any of you guys get it, I wonder?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&item=120442980867

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Bantam Man said:
Hoi Djgo-cat-go,

The black sweatband with the golden line hints at the sixties or even the following decade.

Groeten! :)

Bedankt Bantam Man! I know so little about hats, and dating a hat is not really something I'm good at.. I like the hat by the looks of it and that's mainly the reason I did a bid..

:)

Brauner Homburg - Fedora?

Won this one. Homburg - Fedora? Also a new company to me. It appears to be new old stock from the late 50s. Looking forward to it's arrival.

!BU0CwGgCGk~$(KGrHgoOKiIEjlLmWN(BBKPc6Ce6+g~~_1.JPG

!BU0C++wBWk~$(KGrHgoOKj0EjlLmTLjuBKPc8+nv+g~~_1.JPG

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
ScottF said:
I finally found a large stash of beautiful 1940's hats while out on a walk - Several had this look to them, and a similar sweatband stitch. Can you imagine - passing a window and seeing 6-7 beautiful brown fedoras hanging on a hat rack, all with brim binding, most with wind cords, all bashed beautifully? You gotta figure at least one is 7 1/4 or larger ...but no - every last one of them was a 7 or 7 1/8.

See, I have the opposite problem. It seems to me like everything is 7 1/4 - I would have adored your stash.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fresh from the bay

Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

Really diggin this peach color

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Oh, man, Garrett -- you're killin' me with that lid!

Absolutely fantastic. Congrats. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
A Gamble - did I make a mistake?

I just bought this -

!BUp85twBmk~$(KGrHgoOKiEEjlLmfVPLBKOnUqmTJw~~_1.JPG

The seller said it is a Schiaparelli and that they "think" it is wool felt. I don't know the brand (references to it on the lounge were almost nonexistent), but it doesn't look like wool felt to me and the styling looks pretty old fashioned...so I bit the bullet and tried it.

Did I deceive myself or is this possibly something nice?

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
The only real cinch there is in this world, is the one that goes under the horse's belly. Everything else is a gamble. TLH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic