Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chiliarches said:
Because the description was funny and because of the lurid color? It has...character of an unsavory sort.
Lurid color? It's washed out. You can see over the bow a blotch
showing that it was once a much darker hat. That hat is shot
and filthy. It's also a size "Large", which tells you right there that it
is not, as claimed, from the "Golden Age" of mens' hats.

If the buyer is reading this, my apologies. But that hat didn't start
out quality, and it's pretty worn now.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
DOUGLAS said:
WOW:eek: That is nuts. I hope they enjoy it. I am definitely selling too cheap.

There was something weird going on there. But that's thing with an auction - if you have two people with a lot of money who both want the same thing, and both are stubborn.....well, you end up with a seller having a steak dinner to celebrate. I used to sell pre-wwi baseball cards and equipment and every now and then this sort of thing would happen, especially with uniforms - someone looking for a particular color in their size within a certain age-range - I ended up scratching my head. One time I felt so guilty about the huge some paid that I told the guy he could return it for any reason...such as buyer stupidity.

tortswon

Practically Family
Gray Dobbs Game Bird

Been in bed sick for the last two weeks. Finally was able to concentrate enough to get online for a while. While most people are out enjoying themselves (lucky you...don't ever let ANYONE tell you your health isn't number one!!!), I came across this as a $39.99 buy it now.

282532256_tp.jpg

282532272_tp.jpg

282532332_tp.jpg

282532287_tp.jpg

282532306_tp.jpg

282532322_tp.jpg

Right now I'm three blocks from Independence Hall looking out over some of the holiday festivities. Happy Fourth all! Best, Sam

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Tooch said:
Picked this Champ up on a whim. Looks a bit battered, but in decent shape after a cleaning and a bit of shaping. For $1.99 (my winning bid) it seemed worth taking a chance.

It certainly does. What I'm curious about is how it wound up with a Dobbs pin on the side. [huh]

Cheers,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
djgo-cat-go said:
Won this Champ last night. Could anybody date this stingy based on the original price-tag which is supposed to be 8,50 according to the seller?

Looks to me (combination of price and back bow) to be from the '50s. Enjoy it!

Cheers,
Tom

CRH

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
I wonder if this Knox 40 is fairly similar to a Stetson 7X Clear Beaver -- it would be interesting to compare.

Cheers,
JtL

Looks like it holds its lumps pretty well. Nothing like a good Fedora with nervous paw prints ;).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic