Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

buler

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
Mine now. Seller says its a 7-1/8. The smaller inside measurement is probably from the three folded magazine pages under the sweatband. Looks like quite an old one from the sweatband stamping.

_1266523549616.jpg

[/IMG]

D'Man, thats very appropriate for 2010. Year of the Tiger.

B

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Ephraim Tutt said:
Thanks DM - nice looking guitar by the way.

I just can't recall which retail chain the Brents were made for. I'm sure you're right about them being made down to a price, but this price looked ok, so I picked it up.

Brent was the house brand of Montgomery Ward.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
ScottF said:
Gee Tom, are you saying you accidentally won a Stetson Twenty-Five, not knowing what it was ?!? I think that one is from the late '50s. At least 2-3 loungers have posted saying they prefer the 'Twenty-Five' over other Stetsons priced higher. I've never owned one, but did put in the puny 3rd-place bid.

I received an e-mail from the seller today. She said that someone had suggested she look under the sweatband for a tag. She did, and found the size is 7 3/4! She wanted to know if that would cause any problems before she mailed it. I told her to send it on! :D

If it really is a 7 3/4 I'm sure I'll be able to find someone who wants it. :p I've got a friend out in Oregon with a rather large noggin. He usually wears baseball caps. Maybe I'll convince him to give it a try!

Cheers,
Tom

theinterchange

One Too Many
Tom-n-Perris said:
I am the one who sold the Brent on the Bay tonight. I purchased it from Dinerman and it may have shrunk far too much for Dinerman but not enough for my small melon. It is actually a 7 1/4 and I ware a 7 1/8 and I didn't want to part with it :( but I needed to make some room for a new acquisition.:D As far as interest goes I thought that there would be more since I had 14 watchers on the auction. As I have learned many watchers does not always mean the item will sell. Now the hat is off to the land of OZ.

I was watching it, and completely forgot about it going off! :eusa_doh:

Randy

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Tango Yankee said:
I received an e-mail from the seller today. She said that someone had suggested she look under the sweatband for a tag. She did, and found the size is 7 3/4! She wanted to know if that would cause any problems before she mailed it. I told her to send it on! :D

If it really is a 7 3/4 I'm sure I'll be able to find someone who wants it. :p I've got a friend out in Oregon with a rather large noggin. He usually wears baseball caps. Maybe I'll convince him to give it a try!

Cheers,
Tom

Tom - that's amazing! A Stetson Twenty-Five in 7 3/4 :eek:

I have one 7 3/4, and I could cut two holes in the front to see and still cover my nose with it.

Tango Yankee said:

Cheers,
Tom
Vintage 7 3/4 typically have shrunk to a perfect 7 5/8. Put me in line as wanting it if it is around 24"/61cm...

Mario

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Very much so.

:arated:

In the second ad (correct summer hats for town and country wear) all the gentlemen look like they're having some problems with their eyes - they all sport what I call the Eastwood gaze. But maybe that's just because it's summer and the sun is shining so bright...hence the need for correct summer hats! ;)

Menswearmag1935004.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters