Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Artie

Suspended
Now I'm almost a little afraid to post this because of all the jealousy it's going to cause.;) but here goes.
oldhat.jpg

I got a new WABBIT huntin hat

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
It met all my parameters (make, model, size, color, & especially brim width) to risk it spitting the hook, so I gaffed it with the BIN. :D

Wow... and my daily Strat search never picked it up! Outstanding, gtdean! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

KevKaos59

Familiar Face
Salty O'Rourke said:
Just snagged this Beaver Brand hat , at what I think is a fair price. Of course I need another brown hat (or indeed, any additional hat) like I need a hole in my head...

Sniped that one right out from under me. Crap, I'm still waving the smoke off my butt from that burn. :eek:

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
KevKaos59 said:
Sniped that one right out from under me. Crap, I'm still waving the smoke off my butt from that burn. :eek:

I know the feeling, it's happened to me more often than I care to think about. On the other hand, at least two of those I lost were grabbed by FLers who complained that the hats weren't as described. And of course I've gotten a couple of pigs in the ebay poke too.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Tango Yankee said:
Wow... and my daily Strat search never picked it up! Outstanding, gtdean! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I think he may have gotten lucky on this one - it did not start off with a BIN; I believe it started at $199, so someone must have asked him to add a BIN and GTDean saw it first.

Congrats!

Tango Yankee said:
Thanks TY, a manual, generic Stetson Stratoliner search hit it but my "Stetson 7 5/8" didn't because the lister did size as "75/8". Will post pics when I get it in. Seller already shipped. :D

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I don't remember the title of the thread that involved vintage hats being used as flower pots (where this post belongs), but I officially and emphatically reverse my previous position.

While hitting the Cleveland area vintage and thrift stores today, I stopped at one of those half shop, half costume rental places. The rafters were full of hats hanging from nails. These hats, I was told, were only for rent, not sale. Being who I am, I still looked at all of them. Plenty of nice, small hats had their sweats ripped out so they'd fit a wider range of heads, and all of the hats had security tags, with thick attachment pins, pierced through the crown. The heartbreaker was the Royal Deluxe 7 3/8 with the waffle edge - like the Flagship. It still had its sweat, but the hole in the crown and the fact that it was only for rent made me crazy.

Lots of time out today, but my only purchase was from styleforum.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
ScottF said:
'Select Quality' Stetson. The sweatband logo is a little different than the ones that Robert and I have, so looking forward to comparing other characteristics to help put those logos in order:

Stetson Select on ebay

The above hat arrived this morning - sweatband is a wreck, but the hat is still very interesting and the felt is perfect. More on the pre-1940 Stetson Dress hat thread, but thought I'd share this tag - haven't seen one with the 'Finisher' signature on it:

StetsonSelectbSide.jpg

StetsonSelectbFinisher.jpg

StetsonSelectbLogo2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart