Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I just won this hat this morning. Im very excited because this is my first large brimmed fedora. The seller listed it as "Vintage 1940s Barrister Fedora HAT fur Size 7." It looks like 1940's to me, but might be early 50's, what do you guys think? It has three BMWE (Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employes) pins, and the one says 1947, but it could have been added years after the pin was obtained. It has a couple of dirt marks which Im going to try to steam and brush out. Overall it looks like a really cool hat. I will post head shots when I get it next week.

barristerebayshot1.jpg

barristerebayshot2.jpg

barristerebayshot3.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
The sweatband and its stitching to the brim is typical of many early-mid 1940's hats. Not always consistent with various manufacturers however.
Joshbru3 said:
I just won this hat this morning. Im very excited because this is my first large brimmed fedora. The seller listed it as "Vintage 1940s Barrister Fedora HAT fur Size 7." It looks like 1940's to me, but might be early 50's, what do you guys think? It has three BMWE (Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employes) pins, and the one says 1947, but it could have been added years after the pin was obtained. It has a couple of dirt marks which Im going to try to steam and brush out. Overall it looks like a really cool hat. I will post head shots when I get it next week.

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/joshbru3/barristerebayshot1.jpg[/IMG]

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/joshbru3/barristerebayshot2.jpg[/IMG]

barristerebayshot3.jpg

Michaelshane

One Too Many
AXL DEMOCRACY said:
I'm looking at perhaps bidding on a Stetson Whippet on eBay. The size is 3/8. Wondering if that is a 6 3/8 or 7 3/8? I'll have to email the seller I guess.
If it's tagged 3/8 it's 7 3/8.I don't think there is a size 6 3/8.It would be 5/8.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Look Ma! Another pug!

buler said:
Hope I've found my summer hat. We'll see if it fits. Same seller as RLK's bankers special.

monte_1.jpg

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

That brim appears to have a nice amount of wonkyness (this is an official Panama Hat term) to it. You are going to have some great fun fiddling with that one!

If it doesn't fit call RLK. It's too big for me.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Salty O'Rourke said:
Looks kind of like a fedora-ized Homburg doesn't it?
Not really, it looks like they made an attempt to give it a Western brim flanging along with the Cattleman's crease. The wide binding is equal on top and bottom.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
*&^%$%$$#*&%^!!!!!!

Missed this BEAUTY 'cause my *$%$*&$#*! snipe program/IP (ATT AKA POS) failed!!! I am soooooo pissed I'm seein' yellow!. That's less than it cost NEW, fer the love o' Pete!

I sincerely hope someone here got it. It'd be a balm of sorts knowing it's not just in the mitts of some cretin who'll turn it into a flower pot or some d@mn Martha Stewart BS!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I don't use a sniper, but I do know the feeling all too well. I've done that a couple or three times myself. :(

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Rick Blaine said:
I sincerely hope someone here got it. It'd be a balm of sorts knowing it's not just in the mitts of some cretin who'll turn it into a flower pot or some d@mn Martha Stewart BS![/SIZE][/COLOR]

lol Oh, man! :eek:

That pug is interesting - belts running through...?... what is that?

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
M_Jones said:
Older Adventurebilt[/URL] beaver for $550 less than the current price. Someone got a deal...

Not mine. But I agree that it does look like a nice hat. I wonder if it's really 22.25 as stated. :)

barrowjh

One Too Many
I watched that Stetson, I thought it was real nice also. I also watched a Resistol 'wide country' style beaver 100 that sold for $81 - whomever won that certainly got a very nice hat also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany