Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

When I buy on ebay, I usually ask the seller for the cheapest shipping rate possible because, quite frankly, I am never in that much of a rush to receive anything. Does anyone really need to have a hat in two days?

Spoken like a true Zen master. :pray:

I aspire to this discipline, but when I'm waiting for something exciting, two days seems like eternity. 8^)

rlk

I'll Lock Up
When I buy on ebay, I usually ask the seller for the cheapest shipping rate possible because, quite frankly, I am never in that much of a rush to receive anything. Does anyone really need to have a hat in two days?

Is that the 2 days after the 2 weeks before they send it?

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I ship hats to be cleaned all the time just sent one out today. $6.50 priority mail shipped one to Art a week ago same price. I sell a lot of collections that I have only time I charged 30 dollars was a MINT in Box 12" Speeder bike that is pretty good size and needed to be specially packed. It just is insane how the people who are selling this hats come up with their price I know they are padding the shipping.

SteveAS

Practically Family
I'm pleased to get another Mallory Ten Pliafelt at a low price: auction link. It's been a while since I wasn't outbid by Alan, MV, or Josh! :D

!CFdKJK!BWk~$(KGrHqEOKjUE0l-80uH3BNVHS)UQrQ~~0_12.JPG

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Wow, what a dunderhead I am! I just bought this thinking it's a 7 7/8.

Man, I hate it when that happens! :eusa_doh:

I think that most of us can probably relate to that; I know that I've stumbled across a hat or two in the last moments of an auction and on first glance it looks like a great idea, so I bid... only to realize that a. there's something about it that isn't so great, and b. I've won. :eusa_doh: The lesson I learned was to never bid in haste!

Cheers,
Tom

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man, I hate it when that happens! :eusa_doh:

I think that most of us can probably relate to that; I know that I've stumbled across a hat or two in the last moments of an auction and on first glance it looks like a great idea, so I bid... only to realize that a. there's something about it that isn't so great, and b. I've won. :eusa_doh: The lesson I learned was to never bid in haste!

Cheers,
Tom

Bid in haste, repent at leisure, eh? Story of my life. You are not alone!

Last edited:

frussell

One Too Many
You're not alone Randooch. The sad thing is, if you browse the fedora and western eBay selections at 6 7/8, there are always amazing deals to be had. I have to do this often in my search for a real 7 7/8, because eBay can't seem to tell the difference when searching. If my head was that small, I'd have several Open Roads and any number of beautiful vintage hats. Then again, I would look like an upside down ice cream cone with such a small skull. At least you didn't bid it up too high. Frank

Mr Vim

One Too Many
For the first time the other day, I won a sport coat and was the only bidder, the only one! I won the coat for the initial bid price, I stared at the screen, then promptly went and poured myself a drink to celebrate said milestone. And speaking of milestones, this is my 800th post, hip hip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick